Bears Ticket Policy For Playoffs

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 10, 2007, 09:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteBEARS ENHANCING HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE?

A reader has pointed out to us an intriguing provision contained on the Bears web site regarding the sale of playoff tickets.

For the game to be hosted on Sunday against the Seahawks, the Bears refused to accept credit card orders from addresses beyond their home territory.

"Only credit cards which have an Illinois or northwest Indiana billing address will be accepted.  Any orders from outside of this area will be cancelled without notice."

We're not sure that the Bears legally are able to place such arbitrary restrictions on the sale of tickets to the general public.  Even if it's legal, we don't agree with it.  What if someone from California intends to come to town and watch the game, and is a true Bears fan?  What if a Chicago resident is buying the tickets for the purposes of reselling them on StubHub?

Bottom line -- we don't like it, and we have a feeling that the Bears will apply the same restriction if they win this weekend and host the NFC Championship Game.

If the Eagles play the Bears in the NFCCG and anyone wants to go - looks like you're SOL.

Combine this with the NFL catering to the poor wittle Bears fans who have to sit out for a night game that means they're Hoydas.

Rome

I guess Bears fans living outside the region are farged as well.

rjs246

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 10, 2007, 09:23:05 AM
I guess Bears fans living outside the region are farged as well.

Exactly. It's a stupid arbitrary rule. If they're that worried about fans rfom other teams taking over their stadium during a playoff game they've got big problems.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

its an excellent idea and should be applauded...no one is taking over soldier field in the playoffs but anything that limits visiting teams fans in the stadium is a great thing

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

if you're a real football town, it shouldn't even be an issue
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 10, 2007, 09:33:00 AM
its an excellent idea and should be applauded...no one is taking over soldier field in the playoffs but anything that limits visiting teams fans in the stadium is a great thing

Didn't you go to Eagles games in Washington & New Orleans this year, IGY?

rjs246

I enjoy having away fans in the Philly crowd because they get the shtein harrassed out of them. It's fun. And I enjoy being an away fan. Trying to eliminate opposing fans in a stadium is idiotic and takes away from the sports-watching experience.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Didn't you go to Eagles games in Washington & New Orleans this year, IGY?

yeah and i will be in chicago if the eagles win saturday....what does that have to do with anything

its not like you cant go on ebay or to a broker and get bears tickets...this is the teams policy and hardly would keep out the visiting fans who really wanna go...its just something that limits the amount that can get tickets

I enjoy having away fans in the Philly crowd because they get the shtein harrassed out of them

go to a division game or a steeler game in philly when the eagles arent very good and tell me then if you like visiting teams fans in your stadium

rjs246

That's the whole point. Who cares if you agree with them or like them. What fun is being a fan without being able to talk shtein? What fun would sports be without confrontation? Being surrounded by people who agree with you and root for the same things you root for is farging boring. And I KNOW that you agree with that because you're just as abrasive and confrontational as I am if not more. You obviously enjoy butting heads with people who disagree with you so in reality you already know that you're wrong about this.

Glad we sorted that out.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I just found it curious that someone who goes to as many away games as you do would support a policy that would restrict your access to tickets, that's all.

ice grillin you

does it make it a little more difficult for me to get tickets - yes

would i support the eagles doing it - yes

i like how its basically giving a big farg you to all visiting fans...it shows that the team actually cares about its own fans...you can argue how well it works...theres a minimal amount of people that its effecting...and again if youre a visiting fans and REALLY wanna go to the game you still can...you can certainly argue that the rules overall effects are minimal....but it says a lot about the bears ownership imo...and sometimes thats more important

SunMo

i think it says more about Chicago that its even a decision to be made.  there would be no need for it in Philly because single tickets are sold out in minutes and season ticket holders have the rest.  the chances of an opposing fan getting tickets at face value are slim, so you don't even need this policy.

and if they want ot get them through Ebay and pay what is required, that's fine, but you can do that in Chicago too.

ice grillin you

i think it says more about Chicago that its even a decision to be made.  there would be no need for it in Philly because single tickets are sold out in minutes and season ticket holders have the rest.  the chances of an opposing fan getting tickets at face value are slim, so you don't even need this policy.

its not needed...the bears have a miniscule amount of tickets going on sale and they will sell out just as fast if not faster than eagle tickets...again its more about the bears front office and the statement they are making than it is about any tangible effect on visiting fans for the game sunday

SunMo

well it makes them look like Hoydas, and if they sell out as fast as Eagels tix, then it's a waste of time nothing move that makes them look like Hoydas

ice grillin you

actually its them telling us to farg ourselves...and who wouldnt love their team to do that to opposing fans