2007 NFL Offseason Stuff Thread

Started by SunMo, January 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on August 02, 2007, 04:34:41 PM
The reason people have been calling Simon crazy is because there seems to be some sort of mystery around the last two years of his professional life. He hasn't been playing. He hasn't been reporting to practice. He's been 'mysteriously' sick in some way. It sounds to me like he has an eating disorder or something along those lines, but no matter how you slice it he has gone from a premier DT in the league to a pariah and the only reasonable explanation is that he is somehow crazy...

And it makes us feel better about the fact that he doesn't plat for the Eagles any more.

Ding.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Feva

Quote from: Diomedes on August 02, 2007, 07:17:01 PM
The last thing I want to know is whether he got a ring.

I don't believe they gave him one.  Can't remember where I read that but I'm pretty sure he didn't get one.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Geowhizzer

They gave him one, but he ate it.

ice grillin you

lol @ some "mystery"

whats the mystery in an older player losing his desire to play the game...it happens everyday...but when its an ex eagle the fanatics gotta go all out of their way to pile on and make it into something it isnt

pure gold

paul grasmanis has said as much...that he talks to corey all the time and his main focus is on his corey simon childrens center or whatever its called down in florida...he is in a transitional stage of his life...and sometimes going from being a pro athlete to not being one isnt the easiest thing to do...players hang on to long

but if you wanna spin this into the gold standard front office thing then by all means proceed

this would be akin to a hater making a post everytime derrick burgess got a sack over the last two years...

no matter how long i stay in the game ill never understand the homers mind...i think science should study the matter after you pass on to unwrap the real "mystery"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

If he's lost interest in the game then he should quit.  Stealing money from a team who pays you millions of goddamn dollars is disgusting.  And the Colts are right to be furious with him.

rjs246

I have a hard time understanding why IGY cares so much.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

corey simon is an enigma wrapped in a puzzle wrapped in fat.

ice grillin you

If he's lost interest in the game then he should quit.

totally agree...but its not the easiest thing to quit something that youve been doing your whole life and know nothing else....look at boxing for the most agregious examples

it has nothing to do with simon...its a homer thang and you wouldnt understand...im igy the homer slayer...its my part time job
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 03, 2007, 09:17:17 AM

it has nothing to do with simon...its a homer thang and you wouldnt understand...im igy the homer slayer...its my part time job

That's true. I wouldn't understand hating homers.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

QuoteColts | Simon terminated
Sat, 4 Aug 2007 09:09:11 -0700

John Oehser, of Colts.com, reports the Indianapolis Colts have announced the termination of DL Corey Simon.

a bit drastic, but i like the forward thinking of the Super Bowl champs
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

BigEd76

Beason signed this morning.  Down to 4 unsigned 1st-round picks (Russell, Revis, Quinn, Bowe)

SD_Eagle5

I hope Quinn holds out the entire season