The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

yeah i dont get the big deal...its actually a decent write up...i just wish he knew more about nyc bars...especially since he acts like hes the expert
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

He sounds like someone my age who's been * asked * to cut out boozing.

I'd farg his wife while he's out.

ice grillin you

i have no qualms saying i will 100% die young of liver disease due to drinking...and my girl knows this...but id rather live my life to the fullest for its first 50-60 years than live a middling existence but stay born till 85

phattymatty

cracked open those vodkas today and the pear is incredibly good...sweet enough to drink on the rocks, and i can't stand vodka on the rocks. maybe the best tasting vodka i've ever had. the strawberry was definitely milder...tastes really fresh like you're cramming a strawbeery in your mouth with each sip....100x better than the artificially sweet ones...but not strong enough to drink straight. at least for me. i imagine it will be very good with a mixer though.
the habanero / bacon is obviously vomit inducing by itself but i will rate again after making bloodies with it for sixers tomorrow...i have a feeling it will be bangin.

ice grillin you

supposedly coronoa 40's just hit the US...i despise coronoa but the bottle is pretty hott....has anyone ever seen these in their local market :hbionicbatsignal

SD

Looks interesting, I won't go out of my way to drink Corona but it's okay every once in a while.

Bud Light is my every day beer, so last night I tried a Bud Platinum. Taste like shtein but it has more alcohol in it.

ice grillin you

never heard of bud platinum....how much more alcohol does it have

bud btw i think has the most alcohol of any big brewery domestic

Susquehanna Birder

Corona is a nice beer-like beverage on a hot day, when the drink is nice and cold. When it gets warm, though, Corona gets pretty nasty. I don't think I could down a 40 fast enough.

Sgt PSN

I tried Shock Top Raspberry Wheat yesterday. I've tried a few fruit flavored beers before but thought they were awful. This one had a nice taste to it. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 11, 2012, 06:00:06 PM
I tried Shock Top Raspberry Wheat yesterday. I've tried a few fruit flavored beers before but thought they were awful. This one had a nice taste to it.

im the same way with flavored beers...they generally repulse me....but this cat that tailgates with us and brews his own beer makes a strawberry i think?...and its pretty refreshing

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 11, 2012, 06:00:06 PM

I farging love Shock Top. My room mate got a mixed case for xmas which included Belgium White, Raspberry Wheat, and Pumpkin spice, all 3 were farging delicious.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 11, 2012, 05:49:48 PM
never heard of bud platinum....how much more alcohol does it have

bud btw i think has the most alcohol of any big brewery domestic

I think it has double the alcohol that regular Bud has. I like to pace myself so getting something that has double the alcohol content isn't up my alley.

ice grillin you

holy farg double would mean 10%...which is stronger than any malt liquor.....i def wanna see this stuff now...

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 11, 2012, 09:08:11 PM
holy farg double would mean 10%...which is stronger than any malt liquor.....i def wanna see this stuff now...

Apparently a regular Bud has %4.5 and Platinum has %6

Munson

I drank 4 beers as a "pregame" for the loop last night and ended up not needing a drink at the bar. 3 very strong, aged 3-6 months Dogfishes. I knew my tolerance has gone down over the last few months but goddamn.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

thats not accurate sd....bud has 5.0 i think maybe even a little higher

if this platinum is only a % higher nd gross then it can go to hell....if im drinking really gross (all beer is nasty) then it better be minimum 8%