TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 24, 2023, 10:30:41 PMYeah probably.

I'm bummed Ted Lasso is coming to an end.

The last episode with Jamie was probably the best of the season. Great character story arch

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed. And Beard's backstory coming out too

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 24, 2023, 10:30:41 PMYeah probably.

I'm bummed Ted Lasso is coming to an end.

ive never seen it but from numerous tv and entertainment critics and talking heads ive heard it had one of the biggest s1 to s2 drop offs in tv history...like a lot of people have said they couldnt finish s2 and the ones who did bailed on the show and the ones who didnt said s3 is even worse
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

S1 was definitely the best

2 was fine

Definite drop off in humor and storytelling in 3 but a lot of storylines are coming to fruition.

This is still one of the greatest scenes in television history. Jamie has the best character arch in the show followed by Nate.

https://youtu.be/_UMIcM66S1M

Alongside AI

https://youtu.be/p-BR1mXwtB0

PhillyPhreak54

Yes a definite drop off from 1-2. But still entertaining.

ice grillin you

Beef was really good and super hilarious

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah we liked that one. Fun show

Eagaholic

Can't wait for the Succession finale. I've thought one good ending could be where Logan had things set up where he would essentially reach back out from the grave and deny Waystar to any of the family. He's told his kids they aren't serious people, and the 3 have all tried to back stab him, and each thinks they can actually be a good CEO. If he took everything from them he'd be saying farg Off! Keep your millions and go start your own corporations if you think it's so easy, and let's see how you do.

GOT and Sopranos were two of the best cable series ever but they both had endings that were ambiguous and not well received. Gotta believe HBO feels pressure to really stick a clean landing, nothing too artsy or vague. And one that would also set up a good spinoff, even if they disavow any such plans.   

ice grillin you

Game of thrones and succession are unwatchable trash but the sopranos ending was great

Munson

IGY continues to have the worst takes eh.

What an ending. I knew it was gonna end up "bad" after things seemed way too good at their mom's house. So many great scenes in this.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

I AM THE ELDEST BOY

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Just finished.

I felt the same as Munson - when things were great at moms house it was too good to be true for the Roy crew. Like which one was gonna farg the other.

Good show. Not in the realm of Wire, Sopranos or Breaking Bad though.

SD

Interesting finale...perfect in many ways. farging hate Mattson and his punchable face.

Eagaholic

Really liked the show, as a finale I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. I'd wondered since S1 if Shiv's name was the most obvious foreshadow ever or a red herring. Same experience as J and Munson with the 3 sibs, though not so much from how happy they were but with the amount of time they devoted to them it had to be setting up some kind of curveball or shocker. Agree it's not an all time great but still very good. With all things left in the balance wouldn't mind a sequel, Ewan would be a cool central character.

phattymatty

Man I was prepared to be disappointed but they absolutely nailed the finale.  Almost perfect 90 minutes of tv.