TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

lol I thought it was pretty good but not even the best episode of this year.  extremely painful watch - what they were going for obviously - but not something I needed to revisit nor enjoyed. 

I am impressed with Roman's arc of unthreatening douchebag - to almost semi decent person - back to despicable shteinhead ready to hand power to the nazis.

what I really want as an ending is shiv to get just one win throughout this entire show.  please make her get the last laugh.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah Shiv deserves one. And good point on Roman too.

Maybe it's political fatigue and Cheeto Dick PTSD and that's why the ep fell flat for me

Munson

It didn't fall flat for me it just definitely gave me anxiety that I wasn't expecting to feel over this show. Like they did a great job of taking all the worst parts of the 2020, 2016, and 2000 elections and imaging the worst case scenario there.

Roman had turned so normal and human there for a few episodes that you almost completely forgot that he was the biggest fascist of the Roys.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Like the whole calling it to give it to Menken was definitely a 2000 move iirc. Then of course you've got the whole creeping fascism possibly winning angle of 2016 and the shenanigans and election denialism of 2020. Just mix it all up in a blender and it's nightmare fuel
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

it was lifted directly from 2000. fox was the first outlet to call it for bush (before retracting), and this was back in the pre fascism days when they were just a right leaning network and not an ongoing danger to democracy. and even in 2020, fox's decision desk was legit. a call by them was a legit call (so when menken called it authoritative, he wasnt lying)

the only saving grace going forward is fox gutted its decision desk for having the gall to accurately project biden winning arizona, so any call by them now has no validity.

as for the show, i feel even more confident in my greg wins take. chekov's dick pics sink roman, shiv bails or falls back due to the pregnancy and kendall fails spectacularly at whatever angle hes going after. mattson has established he likes greg and he can be a useful toy for him to play with.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Interesting greg prediction but I don't see it, I mean maybe he wins as in he's the only one other than Shiv that has a job at the end, but other than be a lacky not sure what he brings once the rest of the fam is gone.

I think Shiv goes public with all the dirt and ruins them - the dick pics, the Kendall manslaughter, etc.  You gotta think that 99% of all the writers and creatives on the show are liberal and want to leave on a "happy" note.

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SD

Quote from: hunt on May 18, 2023, 08:18:29 AMi haven't watched curb in quite a while but this clip is  :-D

https://www.reddit.com/r/curb/comments/13k7kyb/using_a_maga_hat_to_avoid_social_situations/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

One of the funniest scenes in tv history...definitely the best episode of that season. Here's all the MAGA hat scenes from that episode combined

https://youtu.be/B2oLFKYNInQ

hunt

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on May 18, 2023, 08:26:51 AM
Quote from: hunt on May 18, 2023, 08:18:29 AMi haven't watched curb in quite a while but this clip is  :-D

https://www.reddit.com/r/curb/comments/13k7kyb/using_a_maga_hat_to_avoid_social_situations/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

One of the funniest scenes in tv history...definitely the best episode of that season. Here's all the MAGA hat scenes from that episode combined

https://youtu.be/B2oLFKYNInQ
that's great. i need to catch up on that show.  :-D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

Great episode.  The power shift between Roman and Ken because of one single speech is crazy. 

I guess they could pull a shocker but my gut says after getting shtein on for 5 seasons, shiv comes out of this with a W.  Roman might not even make it back to his crib alive.  Ken decides to just take the money and try to be a good dad.  Who knows.

Only thing certain is that after such a great show, we will all be extremely disappointed in the finale. 

MDS

i feel really good about my greg call...like its just too obvious and simple for it to be kendall even though hes quite literally morphing into logan down to destroying relationships with his siblings and fighting for custody of kids he doesnt care about because he just needs to win
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Nah I think his time as a businessman will be over in a split second. Shiv will say why are you still here and then he's just gone.  Bye bye Greg.

He was integral to a handful of storylines in the past but this year he's strictly comic relief.  No reason to spend any time on him in the finale.

MDS

am i the only nerd who watched jeopardy masters?

just an incredible tournament with a thrilling ending.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah probably.

I'm bummed Ted Lasso is coming to an end.