Barbaro

Started by BigEd76, May 20, 2006, 07:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

from today's NYT:

QuoteAugust 10, 2006
Prognosis Grows Brighter for Barbaro
By JOE DRAPE
Barbaro's fractured right hind leg is healing well, and veterinarians say they are encouraged by the progress the colt is showing in regrowing the hoof wall on his left hind leg.

Barbaro, the Kentucky Derby winner who took a catastrophic misstep that shattered his right hind leg in the Preakness Stakes on May 20, was said to be resting comfortably yesterday in the intensive care unit of the George D. Widener Hospital for Large Animals in Kennett Square, Pa. On Tuesday, his cast was changed.

"The leg looked good under the cast, especially considering the length of time that he has been in a cast," Dean Richardson, the chief for surgery, said in a statement yesterday. "The radiographs also were encouraging. There is no sign of active infection. This is further supported by his markedly improving blood values over the last two weeks."

Richardson said Barbaro had come out of the cast changing without problems and continued to be a good patient.

"He is a very intelligent horse and has definitely figured out the whole process," he said.

The cast, which encloses the foot and extends past the knee, will be changed regularly until the bones and joint are fused enough to sustain Barbaro's weight.

His left hind foot, which developed a crippling and often-fatal condition known as laminitis, is also improving. After removing 80 percent of Barbaro's left hoof wall last month, Richardson warned that the colt's chances of recovery were poor.

Still, Richardson and Barbaro's owners, Roy and Gretchen Jackson, decided to continue aggressive treatment for what could be a lengthy convalescence as long as Barbaro was not suffering.

Veterinarians are changing bandages and the protective boot on Barbaro's left foot daily, and Richardson sounded a hopeful note in his statement. "It is dry and healthy looking, with excellent early regrowth at the coronary band," he said.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I cannot imagine caring any less about some goddamned horse.

Shoot it. Filet it. A1 it. Eat it. At least then we wouldn't have to hear about it any more.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

if this horse's gravy wasn't worth millions...kindergartners would have little bottles of him in their backpacks ready to make little macaroni horses
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Diomedes

Quit joshing.  You two girls have posters of horses on your bedroom walls.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MadMarchHare

They are huge 90210 fans.....

Anyone but Reid.

Rome

Thanks for posting a photo of the least attractive woman on television. :puke

I'd bang Oprah's fat ass before I'd sink my meatcicle into that plastic piece of trash.

SunMo

really??  i'm not saying Tori Spelling is hot, but the least attractive on television?

oh, and i'd tap Oprah for fun
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMoTzu on August 10, 2006, 10:19:28 AM
oh, and i'd tap Oprah for fun

I'd tap her for money.  Lots of money.

SunMo

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 10, 2006, 10:55:09 AM
I'd tap her for money.  Lots of money.

you think she has a few bucks huh?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Well, of course there's uglier broads on tv.

I was referring to women who are thought of or referred to as "hot."

I find Tori Spelling neither hot nor desirable.  Everything about her is revolting.

rjs246

I'd paper bag it. Her body could be used as an amusement park for an hour or two.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

You better hermetically seal your dick, then.  She probably has more viruses inside her than the CDC.

rjs246

Yeah right. Condoms are for teenagers.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Don Ho

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 10, 2006, 10:17:29 AM
Thanks for posting a photo of the least attractive woman on television. :puke

I'd bang Oprah's fat ass before I'd sink my meatcicle into that plastic piece of trash.

But damm, can she sure act!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.