Spads- new age of NFL

Started by MURP, May 17, 2006, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 28, 2006, 11:50:25 AM
Quote from: MURP on September 28, 2006, 09:50:04 AM
bottom line is that right now Baskett is being used more than the Eagles own draft pick Avant. 

It's because he went to Michigan.  They have crappy WR's there.

(P.S.  GET MARIO MANNINGHAM AND STEVE BREASTON - THAT IS INCREDIBLY ACCURATE)

But seriously - Avant was hurt for the beginning of TC and got a slow start.  I think when all's said and done, he's going to have a much better NFL career than will Baskett.  His toughness, route-running, and hands are things that you can't coach into just anyone.  Minus the elite straight-line speed, he's going to be a very, very good WR.

Agreed.  Avant's future with the Eagles is much brighter than Baskett's.

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 28, 2006, 01:53:29 PM
Avant has great feet and a feel for the sidelines.

he should

= funny.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 28, 2006, 03:10:06 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on September 28, 2006, 02:06:07 PM
I don't think predicting 70 catches, 1000+ Yards, and 8+ TDs for Baskett is unreasonable.

For his entire career?  Agreed.

Are you kidding me? u r h8r!1!! I was thinking he'd have those numbers by week 8, then duplicate them in the playoffs. Where has all the hysteria gone?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

General_Failure

Baskett Hysteria is no match for Stallworth and his Receiver Madness.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Quote from: Munson on September 28, 2006, 03:23:21 PM
(More rah rah nonsense to try and explain why the Eagles started a player who doesn't deserve to see the field).

Nice cutoff sleeves.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Thank you. I know I could slap you around, so it makes your constant bad mood and tough guy persona that much more hilarious.  :D

Please, prove to me that Hank Baskett sucks. I know what your opinion is, but that's all it is. You're uninformed, thoughtless, I-just-want-to-be-negative opinion.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

I've already proven that he sucks. He has 2 catches. Would you like me to list every professional player in the league who has more than two catches?

I'm done chatting with you. Please kill yourself.

Nice shirt.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

No, I'd like you to list the 5th option of every offense in the leagues numbers. Because, using logic, we can deduct that the 3rd WR in this offense is, in effect the 5th option when on the field.

The 5th option on any team isn't going to get very many looks. When you have guys like LJ and Westbrook catching the ball, the #3 WR just isn't as important on the field.

And thanks. I have 4 or 5 sleeveless T's, I try to wear them in the summer when it's hot out. I used to wear them to lift too, but UD doesn't allow sleevless in the gym. It sucks, makes me sweat a lot more.

:D
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

LBIggle

are u hitting on him?

nevermind. you are.

Munson

:-D
I think he just likes my arms.

I, on the other hand, am very interest in your avatar. Boobs are always good.

BTW, I'm still waiting on a good reason why Hank Baskett has proven that he sucks. I'm not saying he's good, I just don't see how you judge an URFA who is hte 5th option in his offense through 3 games. But that's just me.

rjs246

I couldn't help myself I had to post one more thought here.
Offensive touches:
1. Westbrook, 19.7/game
2. Buckhalter, 9.7/game
3. Stallworth, 5.5/game
3. Smith, 5.3/game
4. McNabb, 3.7/game
5. Brown, 2.7/game
6. Lewis, 2.3/game
7. Tapeh, 2/game
8. Moats, Shoebel, Baskett .7/game

He is tied for the 8th option on offense. So if your point is that he is good compared to the other 8th options across the league than maybe you have a point. But that's on par with saying 'That one retard at the special olympics is slightly less retarded than the other retards.' He's still a retard. And Baskett is still awful.

So to summarize, I have given you all kinds of statistical evidence that Baskett sucks and you are still asking for proof. You obviously can't count because you keep insisting that Baskett is the 5th option on offense, when he clearly is not. And you claim to own a whole slew of sleeveless shirts. You're a joke.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Okay first of all....you included McNabb as one of the "options." McNabb is the quarterback, he touches the ball every play. He is not an "option" for himself to go to.

2nd, lets look at who you listed, and what I've already said in this thread.

Greg Lewis, matched up against NFL #4 CB's will get open a lot more often then a slower rookie in Hank Baskett matching up against NFL #3 CBs. I've already pointed that out in this thread. Greg Lewis hs proven to be a very good #4 WR who creates mismatches agains the terrible corners designated to cover him.

3rd, touches per-game does not determine who is what option in the offense. Infact, when Matt Schobel is on the field, that in all likely hood means it is a two TE set, and Hank Baskett will NOT be in the field.

Buckhalter is a running back, his touches on running plays have no effect on what option Hank Baskett is on a passing play. He's obviously going to average more touches per game then a #3 WR.

Tapeh is a starter, but I'm sure when a pass play is called, and both he and Hank Baskett are on the field (which will be very rare, unless the Eagels go 3 WR, 2 RB backfield and decide to bring Baskett in over LJ Smith), Hank Baskett will be looked at before Thomas Tapeh, who will be a check down if no one gets open.

That leaves Westbrook, Stallworth, Brown, and LJ Smith. All of which I've already said are better targets then Hank Baskett when all 5 of these players are in the game. And all 5 of those players in the game is the most likely combination out of any to have Baskett on the field.

Since you can't read, I'll try this again. Maybe you've learned how to read. I doubt it though.

When Hank Baskett is on the field, he is the 5th option behind Westbrook, Stallworth, Brown, and Smith. Those 4 are all veterans, and all sans Stallworth have more expierience in the offense then the undrafted rookie free agent. They are also all starters. These 4 will all get the ball before Hank Baskett, as should be the case. So I ask again....put up receiving stats from guys who are essentially the 5th option in thier offenses on passes, and prove to me how terrible Hank Baskett is because he's only had two catches as the 5thoption in our offense.

Logic and common football knowlage tell me that Hank Baskett will not put up great numbers this year. He will put up the numbers of a small role player. Which is what he is. This does not mean he sucks. I'm sorry if that angers you.

And yes, I own sleeveless shirts...I'm sorry your old, saggy body looks like shtein run over twice, but I honestly don't care about your opinions on fashion, nancy. :yay

Have a nice day. :)

rjs246

So when he's on the field, which is rare, he is the last offensive option and even the QB is more likely to keep the ball and run than throw to him. Overall in the offense for this team he is the 8th option. Again you're trying to use semantics to prove a point when the fact is that you have no point.

Stop talking about your body fancy boy. And no, I will not make out with you. Stop PMing me.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

The fact is that Hank Baskett has not done enough to prove that he sucks, nor has he done enough to prove he is good. So it is foolish to sit here and say either way. While I'm not sitting here saying he's good, you are sitting here saying he sucks.

Good job. :yay

Aww that last part was a nice touch. Did it really take you a half an hour to come up with that? How many times have you seen Billy Madison? :D

I'll stop talking about my body when you stop bringing up what I wear. My sleeveless shirts have nothing to do with Hank Baskett catching everything McNabb has thrown to him. 8)

SunMo

Quote from: Munson on September 29, 2006, 05:10:32 AM
The fact is that Hank Baskett has not done enough to prove that he sucks, nor has he done enough to prove he is good. So it is foolish to sit here and say either way. While I'm not sitting here saying he's good, you are sitting here saying he sucks.

Good job. :yay

Aww that last part was a nice touch. Did it really take you a half an hour to come up with that? How many times have you seen Billy Madison? :D

I'll stop talking about my body when you stop bringing up what I wear. My sleeveless shirts have nothing to do with Hank Baskett catching everything McNabb has thrown to him. 8)

just so you know, you're the reason God created incurable diseases. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

Hank Baskett smokes in bars and restaurants.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.