Spads- new age of NFL

Started by MURP, May 17, 2006, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

What has he done for you to say that?

i said he MIGHT suck

from the moment i watched him in training camp for a weekend i have been steadfast in my opinion of him...an opinion that doesnt need to be rehashed

good day sir
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

TexasEagle

mussa

IGY doesn't turn black until 9am
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

reese125

GF, Im sure you got pull. Could you find Hank's email address and send him the "Hank Baskett Hysteria thread" to let him know that everyone that rode his nuts in the preseason truly appreciated that one catch he had, and  thought he was Jesus with cleates?

Baskett = waived

Drunkmasterflex

Its a little early to write off Baskett the dude is still a rookie.  Speed obiviously isn't the strong point of his game, but I am not ready to say he is going to suck just yet.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on September 28, 2006, 09:40:34 AM
Its a little early to write off Baskett the dude is still a rookie.  Speed obiviously isn't the strong point of his game, but I am not ready to say he is going to suck just yet.

Oh come on!! Are you retarded?!! HE SUCKS! Kill yourself!! BURN! Meatcicle, Meatcicle!!

MURP

bottom line is that right now Baskett is being used more than the Eagles own draft pick Avant. 

General_Failure

At least he's not Jabbar Gaffney.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on September 28, 2006, 09:50:04 AM
bottom line is that right now Baskett is being used more than the Eagles own draft pick Avant. 

It's because he went to Michigan.  They have crappy WR's there.

(P.S.  GET MARIO MANNINGHAM AND STEVE BREASTON - THAT IS INCREDIBLY ACCURATE)

But seriously - Avant was hurt for the beginning of TC and got a slow start.  I think when all's said and done, he's going to have a much better NFL career than will Baskett.  His toughness, route-running, and hands are things that you can't coach into just anyone.  Minus the elite straight-line speed, he's going to be a very, very good WR.

Seabiscuit36

Avant has great feet and a feel for the sidelines.  Manningham looks great but you always have to worry about michigan wrs  :paranoid
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Avant has great feet and a feel for the sidelines.

he should
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

I don't think predicting 70 catches, 1000+ Yards, and 8+ TDs for Baskett is unreasonable.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on September 28, 2006, 02:06:07 PM
I don't think predicting 70 catches, 1000+ Yards, and 8+ TDs for Baskett is unreasonable.

For his entire career?  Agreed.

Munson

Oh, RJS, it's so funny to see you get so upset. ;D

I'm saying I'm using logic to prove to you that Baskett, ass the #3 WR in this offense, will not get a lot of looks, and therefore wwill not put up great numbers. I know in your world there are no such things as "role players", but in the NFL there is. Hank Baskett is a role player who has proven in TC, pre-season, and in the few plays he's seen come his way in the NFL that he has very good hands. He's not fast enough to get open all the time, and our QB has shown a problem with wanting to fit the ball into tight spaces. In order for him to get open, he's going to have to learn how to settle into the soft spots in zone coverage. Rookies are never very good at that in thier first year, and it's something that is learned in time.

Settle down, little man. I know how much you hate it when people are positive about the Eagles.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds