Spads- new age of NFL

Started by MURP, May 17, 2006, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

I find this thought process interesting and I wonder where it comes from.  Certainly the coaching staff has brainwashed Spads.

In Spads latest article:

QuoteBut this is a new age of NFL, so the way to win on a consistent basis is to gain quick yards via the passing game.

Now I have to question this considering the Steelers and Seahawks ranked 5th and 3rd in rushing last season while ranking 24th and 13th in passing.  If this is the new age of the NFL, shouldnt using the 2 superbowl teams of last year be a measuring stick?  Its clear that a ground game can win also.   Im just wondering why it has to be one way or the other from the Eagles camp.

dpierce

That's an amazing quote, even for Yesman. He needs to be deprogrammed.
Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?

SunMo

doesn't he have any pride?  it's so transparant that he's a farging mouthpiece for the team and has no real thoughts whatsoever.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

can someone explain to me what this "new age" nfl is...cause to me its essentially the same game it was 20 years ago...he literally making stuff up that will sound good to the sheep that read him and thus build support for andys philosophy...i can hear people now "dood in the new age nfl you HAVE  to pass 60 times a game, its just the way it is"

doesn't he have any pride?  it's so transparant that he's a farging mouthpiece for the team and has no real thoughts whatsoever.

one word or less....NO
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

link to full article

Yuck.  More "stay the course" B.S.  10-6 max.

ice grillin you

i like how he says that reid is pleased that there are numerous starting positions up for grabs

and spins that into a way of praising the teams great depth

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's a nice way of saying that they're not sure how much front-line/starting talent they really have or not.

ice grillin you

precisely...much in the same way the eagles get slurped on for having the most undrafted free agents make their team every year...it sounds good but do you really want it happening on your team

Feva

Quote"Last year, I will be honest with you, the numbers got a little skewed towards the pass and we need to get back to what we have done here before and that is balance it up a bit more and give the running game an opportunity to work in there with the pass game," said Reid during his closing press conference.

:o  No shtein!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Now that I am conscious of being called a homer, this is going to sound even worse than it should...

But I understand what he is trying to say. He might not be conveying the point right though.

With the way the NFL has limited defenders from getting after the QB and severely limited the defensive backs from covering WRs + the if-you-touch-him-its-a-flag stuff, I see why teams think passing is the way to go.

You still have to run. So I'm not saying there should be a 80/20 balance. I'd like it to be 55/45.

But I see the point.

QB Eagles

It's true. With Air Coryell flying weekly in San Diego, and young Warren Moon airing the ball out in Houston, truly a new era has dawned in the NFL. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go pick up the new Fat Boys album.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seabiscuit36

What does that signify?  I used to always have that happen when i was a kid.  :paranoid
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Feva

QuoteI was in my doctor's office two days later and he performed a very unpleasant test...

:-D :-D :-D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

Certainly Childress is no slack to the run game. Reid is not fooling anybody with this shtein.  We're going to balance it out this year, bullshtein. Nothing has changed yet, and when we go play the big boys like jacksonville and the colts we could be very disappointed. I know this team can beat both those teams, but with his approach, I find it very hard to see us winning. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"