The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

what would be my penal cord if it wasn't brown?

ice grillin you

heres a clip from the deep crates dvd

the second guy on the clip is mr walt....the first guy is evil dee another cat from the beatminerz

funny pm dawn story in this too

deep crates 2 just came out...for anyone interested in crate diggin or sampling or just the golden age of hip-hop in general i super reccommend these dvds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZkViALmNEU&mode=related&search=
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

mussa

Quote from: hbionic on April 21, 2007, 07:38:17 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2007, 06:08:13 PMsome trivia...on tribes song "what" many remember q-tip saying "whats music factory without mr walt"...mr walt is one half of the classic production team the beatminerz...the music factory was a legendary music store in queens where all the beat diggers from the 80's and 90's would go to find records to sample off of...q-tip pete rock large professor and numerous others...mr walt worked at the music factory and was know for his incredible knowledge of old records...

Good shtein IGY!  :yay

i did not know that

whats a lollipop without the good shtein
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Dillen

mussa

havn't heard any jams after Quality Control...

ive bee listening to cool calm pete lately
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Dillen

Power in Numbers is awesome. I havent heard their CD that came out last year though.

ice grillin you

happy born day to the wally champ sun god tony starks

37 today

Seabiscuit36

Damn, cant believe the Ironman is 37
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

Quote from: Dillen on May 04, 2007, 04:04:12 PM
Power in Numbers is awesome. I havent heard their CD that came out last year though.

feedback.  it's also good.  if you ever have a chance to see them live, go.  most energetic shows i've ever been to. 

mussa

i saw them at lollapolloza a few yrs back  :yay

Magical_Retard

new single by common is out.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

hunt

krs one's next album, "hip hop lives" drops may 22....produced by marly marl, believe it or not. :yay
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

phillymic2000

Quote from: hunt on May 12, 2007, 08:03:56 PM
krs one's next album, "hip hop lives" drops may 22....produced by marly marl, believe it or not. :yay

"Whats a matter with your DJ Mc Shan, On the wheels of steel Marl it sucks"

I always liked Marl, the symphony was sick. If KRS sticks to the basics and Marl comes off this one could be really dope. Yeah I'm old and I'm Audi 5000 G

ice grillin you

marley is rendered obsolete with the sampling laws that are in place now...unless hes learned how to chop beats ala primo or pete rock this album has no prayer....straight loops dont exists anymore