The Mini-Camp Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 13, 2006, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MadMarchHare on June 14, 2006, 12:07:23 PM
QuoteOffensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said that second-round draft pick Winston Justice received some reps with the first-team offense in William Thomas' spot. Thomas is taking blood thinning medication for the blood clot he experienced last year and as a precaution, the Eagles are limiting his reps in this final week of organized team activity.

What the farg is Thomas STILL doing on heparin or warfarin.  Jesus, that seems a bit extreme for precautionary measures.

I have a buddy had a blood clot removed and was on thinners for a while.  He then went off thinners after a bit and had a serious stroke a few weeks later.  So... maybe it's not that extreme.

reese125

What the farg is Thomas STILL doing on heparin or warfarin.  Jesus, that seems a bit extreme for precautionary measures.

My friend in Europe is on Ximelagatran--which seems to be the hot trend now for short term/long term fixtures of blood clots, and works just as good/if not better than heparin and warfarin-- causes much less bleeding.

Problem: still not approved in the US (over a year) yet which really sucks for him. Im highly certain Justice will be in that lineup by mid season if not sooner

SunMo

Team Justice would like to remind you that our blood is not the consistency of cheez wiz
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMoTzu on June 14, 2006, 12:58:00 PM
Team Justice would like to remind you that our blood is not the consistency of cheez wiz

I would like to know the most recent team to win a Super Bowl with a rookie protecting the QB's blindside.

SunMo

um, they aren't winning the Super Bowl this year, it doesn't matter if Allah himself was playing LT
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

more like has there ever been one

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMoTzu on June 14, 2006, 01:03:04 PM
um, they aren't winning the Super Bowl this year, it doesn't matter if Allah himself was playing LT

You are almost certainly right, but let's not throw in the towel just yet.

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 14, 2006, 01:03:08 PM

That's kind of my point.

ice grillin you

in related news marty morningwheg said today that the wr's have been very competitive at the mini camps

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 14, 2006, 01:07:17 PM

in related news marty morningwheg said today that the wr's have been very competitive at the mini camps

1.  Did he say if they've been "competitive" at an NFL level, or even at the highest ranks of collegiate play?
2.  Why were you listening to Marty Mohrninweg's press conf?

ice grillin you

I would like to know the most recent team to win a Super Bowl with a rookie protecting the QB's blindside.

ross verba

Wingspan

Quote from: FFatPatt on June 14, 2006, 01:04:32 PM
Quote from: SunMoTzu on June 14, 2006, 01:03:04 PM

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 14, 2006, 01:03:08 PM

That's kind of my point.

Matt Light, LT, rookie for Pats in 2001 SB Win
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

2.  Why were you listening to Marty Mohrninweg's press conf?

they played it on WIP

reese125

that is one coach that truly worries me as a assitant head coach. Id rather him just nodd his head "yeah" to the higher ups like in previous years, than give his full input/decision

MURP

Moats talkin up Avant

QuoteWorking with the rookie receivers, Jason Avant has stood out to me. He works hard. I've seen him working out all the time catching balls by himself. Everytime I see him, he's always catching the ball. I like people who work hard.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hands mean nothing if he's not running the right routes.  If he's spending his days catching balls and his evenings buried in the playbook, he's going to be a contributor.  Even if he went to Michigan.