The Mini-Camp Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 13, 2006, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Players arrived today and the on-field stuff starts tomorrow. Figured I'd start this thread so all of the info is in one place...

A few things from PE.com:

QuoteThere was a familiar face back at the NovaCare Complex on Friday, former Eagles wide receiver Charles Johnson.

Is Johnson returning to the playing field? Not quite.

"I don't want to mess up my golf swing right now," says Johnson, who caught 90 passes and eight touchdowns between 1999 and 2000.

Johnson is helping rebuild the football program at Cardinal Gibbons High School in Raleigh, North Carolina, where he now resides.

Johnson is spending the weekend to watch how head coach Andy Reid runs practices and meetings with hopes of taking some plays back home. That's a tribute to Reid since Johnson went to New England after his stint in Philadelphia and won a Super Bowl with head coach Bill Belichick.

"I loved the way Coach Reid ran things over here," said Johnson. "I want to start a new base and a new foundation at Cardinal Gibbons."

Johnson got a chance to spend some time Friday with quarterback Donovan McNabb and look back at the time spent playing together.

"He's in a great mood," said Johnson of McNabb. "He was out in North Carolina to stay with me and my family not too long ago. He was able to relax, get out of the limelight and be himself. It was nice to be around family and friends. He's got a real new vigor. I'm expecting him to be fired up and ready to go. He's really looking forward to getting back to his winning ways. "

Get Johnson!

PhillyPhreak54

Ok, we knew Donovan lost the braids and the beard. But how much weight has he lost?

PhillyPhreak54

JR Reed

Todd Pinkston

Darren Howard

PhillyPhreak54

King Cong

"CBuck, I made a bong out of this Pepsi bottle, dude."

MJG

Unemployed

PhillyPhreak54

So...uh, does anyone have some bitchin goggles to go with my new helmet?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Bunkley

Frank Haley

Who's Trent Cole?

WILLIAM Thomas & Charles's Johnson

NGM

Max's name is pronounced Jean (as in Billy Jean - Gillis (as in fish gill) for those who weren't sure.  Jason Avant has been using the Eagles in Madden for the past five years so playing with Donovan is a dream come true.

It doesn't look like Donovan lost any weight to me. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Sgt PSN

McNabb definately looks a little slimmer around the mid section.  Maybe he got an ab lounge. 

Susquehanna Birder

Or maybe he's just not wearing the flak jacket.

Rome

Apparently Trent Cole thinks the Eagles are stacked and are on their way to the Super Bowl.

Also - TRA Thomas looks like he's in good shape.

Nice to see CJ back.  I think he was unfairly blasted in his time in Philly.  He was a decent possession receiver who was miscast as a #1.  Too bad.  Good luck to him.

Also nice to see JR Reed in camp.  I know it's a long shot but I'd like to see him make it all the way back.  Dude was spectacular on the return teams.

Avant seems like he's got stars in his eyes.  Hopefully he'll put that enthusiasm to good use on the field.

And finally... Bunkley looks like the scariest motherfarger ever to put on an Eagles jersey.  I cannot wait until he starts terrorizing the likes of ShEli Manning and the rest of the fraudulent QB hacks in the NFC East.

BigEd76

From Spadaro:

-- Mikell and Mahe signed their 1-yr deals
-- Every player is here
-- Matt Nordgren, who was Vince Young's backup at Texas and Moats' teammate in high school, is in town to help out

Rome

BigEd76

ice grillin you

nice clips easy

keep em comin
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 13, 2006, 03:46:16 AM

Ok, we knew Donovan lost the braids and the beard. But how much weight has he lost?

seriously, when I saw him on the front of PE.com. he looked like he tore the I.V.'s from his arm and ran out of a hospital. Wierd seeing him this low on weight. I hope this is all part of his plan to run this year