Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Mike Doughty tonight at Chameleon, me going
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

you and how many jennifers?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

his live shows are not that special. i was not impressed. was the strangest crowd ever. a lot of old, crippled, fat, ugly, weird people...seriously it was a freak show.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Wingspan

Quote from: mussa on April 04, 2008, 12:35:14 PM

his live shows are not that special. i was not impressed. was the strangest crowd ever. a lot of old, crippled, fat, ugly, weird people...seriously it was a freak show.

It's all the 40somethings that follow him on the internet and wish he was still touring with Soul Coughing.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

i enjoyed looking at everyone and questioning what the farg was wrong with them

Wingspan

For the most part Doughty is good live, with his soul coughing days, i think I have seen him 6 or 7 times. His biggest problem is actually that he tours too much and you can tell when he has because the only people at his show are his diehards.

I think he's been touring for 3 years straight now, and you can tell he is sick of it. He's playing the TLA next week, but he was here back in January, and again last spring. He overkills himself, especially with the songs Busting up a Starbucks and 27 Jennifers
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

his songs are so repetitive. while nice work music, when your standing there listening to him, its kinda boring. i enjoyed a few songs but for the most part it lacked any life

phattymatty

Saw Ben Folds last night.  Before I get called a fag, I always thought he was one of those homo indie rock douches too, but dude totally killed it.  It was seriously an awesome show.  That guy can rock out.  Plus, it was at this great outdoor venue where you can bring all the food and booze in you want.  There was a girl on the left part of the stage who was signing for the deaf people throughout the show, so at one point he improved a song where he just said shtein and farg, then he started saying poop, just to see if i was a different sign than shtein, then a bunch of really long words and then the girl just shrugged her shoulders and gave up.  Anyway, I have a brand new respect for Ben Folds, the music was good and he was funny and put on a really good show.

Wingspan

Was he solo on just the piano...or did he have a band?

I agree he puts on a great live show. He's playing philly on 9/6
Connection Problems

phattymatty

i'd definitely check him out again. 

he had a guitarist and a drummer with him, but they weren't on stage the entire show.  it was mostly just him on the piano.  And he played an altoids tin for one song. 

mussa

Munson

I like The Luckiest by him....I'm a fag.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

i was at a wedding last weekend and that was their song.

Wingspan

that was my wedding song 3 years ago. i win?
Connection Problems

Munson

I filled out one of them questionnaire survey jauns and one of the questions was what song would you want to be your wedding song...and I picked that.

I win?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds