Who do you think is going in the First to the Birds?

Started by xtacy1238, April 09, 2006, 02:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

I do. I think one of them would start opening day.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Wingspan

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 04:32:51 PM
I hate the idea of Justice, because we have more pressing needs right now. I don't want a player who is going to sit around and learn for a year.

i would like to see them land aj hawk...but thats not likely unless he drops to 9 or 10...

and i would love to see them get ferguson, but thats an even larger improbability. i dont think there are many guys after the top 10 this year that are immediate impact players (there will be some surprises, as always) but there isnt a player i am so in love with that i feel the eagles need to get him.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 04:37:27 PM
I do. I think one of them would start opening day.

You must have smoked what stillupfront/stalker offered you.

Feva

I hate the idea of Justice, because we have more pressing needs right now. I don't want a player who is going to sit around and learn for a year.

Yet, in the other thread you were talking about how if McNabb got injured, season over.  If that's your concern, wouldn't it make sense to draft a top level talent who's job is to protect him?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Obviously, it's much better to have better receivers, so they can open and he can get rid of the ball in 1.3 seconds every play.  Duh.  Come on, Feva... don't you even watch football?  GET WR's at ALL COSTS!

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 24, 2006, 03:52:23 PM
If they don't trade up for one of the DTs, it sounds like Justice will be the pick at #14...  :-\

Other than getting Hawk or Ngata this pick would excited me the most of any they could feasibly make.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Feva

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 24, 2006, 05:37:21 PM
Obviously, it's much better to have better receivers, so they can open and he can get rid of the ball in 1.3 seconds every play.  Duh.  Come on, Feva... don't you even watch football?  GET WR's at ALL COSTS!

O-linemen r for teh stoopids!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: EagleFeva on April 24, 2006, 05:31:48 PM

Yet, in the other thread you were talking about how if McNabb got injured, season over.  If that's your concern, wouldn't it make sense to draft a top level talent who's job is to protect him?

Why not draft a OT next season? You know, when we actually might need one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mussa

OT is definetly a need this year. Who knows if Tra can step it up and even be healthy the entire year.  I'd much rather have a 1st round pick from this year sit behind Tra and learn and be ready to go next year or mid-year if Tra goes down.  Lets face it, worst manneans isn't then next coming of Christ.  I'd rather have line protection for McNabb.  I think our d-line is going to be a hell of alot better this year, just with the addition of Howard.  I'd love to go DT or LB in the draft also, but I think OT is the way to go round one.  I'd love a WR more than anything, but i don't see us passing up on OT or DT in round with the WR available this year.  McNabb needs protection. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 07:22:51 PM

Since when do you draft a player you desperately need to be a starter in his first year?  How many Eagles WR draft picks have done anything whatsoever in their first years?  Following, how many of them made the difference in the offense in their rookie seasons?

You have no clue about anything.  If the Eagles desperately need an OT for 2007, then this is the EXACT draft to do something about it.  The 2007 draft is too late to get a starting OT to protect McNabb, even if you assume they will pick really early.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 24, 2006, 08:59:55 PM
Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 07:22:51 PM

Since when do you draft a player you desperately need to be a starter in his first year?  How many Eagles WR draft picks have done anything whatsoever in their first years?  Following, how many of them made the difference in the offense in their rookie seasons?

You have no clue about anything.  If the Eagles desperately need an OT for 2007, then this is the EXACT draft to do something about it.  The 2007 draft is too late to get a starting OT to protect McNabb, even if you assume they will pick really early.

I'm not disagreeing with you in that aspect. You are the one with no clue.

Do you really want to go into next season with the same DTs we had as last year or Brown, Pinkston, and Gaffney? Because if you take Justice in round one, one of those scenarios will happen.

We have Herremans to play for Tra Thomas next year if need be. Justice is not a priority, I'm sorry. Why would you be happy with Justice, when we have Herremans to play tackle and we have huge needs at DT, OLB and WR?

After how bad our pass rush was last season, do you really want to go in with what we had at DT last year? The way I see it is we need the following positions in the first 3 rounds. DT, SAM LB, WR. Because they are our biggest weaknesses. So if we waste a pick in the first round on Justice, then every player we could've had at those positions gets shifted down a level of talent, because we'll be getting one in a later round.

This means our 3 biggest weaknesses will not have been addressed adequately. If we didn't have Herremans, then I probably like the pick of Justice. But OT is one position on our offensive line we actually have depth at. It has to be DT SAM LB, or WR in round one. They are too big of holes. Unless you are happy with Walker, Rayburn, Pinkston, and Dhani Jones.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Here's the problem with your logic:  You're assuming that by addressing a certain position in round 1, you are automatically "addressing" that position's need.  Well, if the Eagles' value board says that the best player available at that position has a 3rd round grade, and you take him at #14 overall, are you really addressing a need at all?  No.  You're simply adding more mediocre depth players to a position (like DT and WR) where the Eagles are already doing just fine with raw numbers.  They could use top-line talent at WR, and they could use a young fresh player to develop in the rotation at DT.

Arguably, there is no top-line WR in this entire draft.  Arguably, the rotation DT can be found anywhere through the first 4 rounds.  So, if Justice is on top of the value board and you feel he's going to be the best football player at a position you want to address that's available to draft, you farging draft farging Winston Justice.

It's really not rocket science, but you'd think so the way you're looking at it.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 24, 2006, 09:13:46 PM
Arguably, there is no top-line WR in this entire draft. Arguably, the rotation DT can be found anywhere through the first 4 rounds. So, if Justice is on top of the value board and you feel he's going to be the best football player at a position you want to address that's available to draft, you farging draft farging Winston Justice.

It's really not rocket science, but you'd think so the way you're looking at it.

That's all I have at this point.

Oh.....and.....werd life.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

The BIGSTUD

Ok, then forget about WR for a minute. Let's just assume you are right and that Holmes and Jackson won't amount to anything.

Eagles take Justice in round 1. Then Wroten and Watson are gone by round 2 when we pick.

Are you going to be satisfied with the DT rotation next season? What about the SAM LB spot?

Do you think we need Justice when we have Herremans?

I don't, but I understand where you are coming from.

Wingspan

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 10:07:22 PM
Ok, then forget about WR for a minute. Let's just assume you are right and that Holmes and Jackson won't amount to anything.

Eagles take Justice in round 1. Then Wroten and Watson are gone by round 2 when we pick.

Are you going to be satisfied with the DT rotation next season? What about the SAM LB spot?

Do you think we need Justice when we have Herremans?

I don't, but I understand where you are coming from.

you do realize there are 7 rounds, right?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.