2006 Free Agent Tracker - Defense

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 14, 2006, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on March 01, 2006, 06:01:08 PM
Was Sam Madison cut?

Just heard so on Sirius. CB Reggie Howard and SS Tebucky Jones were cut too.

BigEd76

Jaguars re-signed DT Rob Meier and LB Tony Gilbert

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteThe Indianapolis Colts agreed Wednesday to a multiyear deal with free-agent linebacker Gary Brackett and offered new contracts to tight end Ben Utecht and offensive guard Ryan Lilja.

Mad-Lad

i just read Mark Craig's article in the Star Tribune mentioning guys to avoid and his "sleeper" FA list. He mentioned OLB Bart Scott from Baltimore. Who is this guy?  "He's 6-2, 240, can run. He had 92 tackles and four sacks in 2005. And he's only 25."

rjs246

QuoteWho is this guy?

He's a 6-2, 240, 25 year old OLB who can run. I think he had 92 tackles and four sacks in 2005.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Mad-Lad

Good point RJS, but you failed to mention he had 92 tackles and four sacks in 2005.

PhillyPhanInDC

He filled in when Murderin' Ray went down. Looked pretty good, but is in the big, hulking, kill the QB mold. That means he doesn't fit into the Eagles idea of a LB.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

Rams | Team tenders Green
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 06:26:44 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams have tendered restricted free agent DE Brandon Green an offer of about $720,000 which means the team would receive a sixth-round draft pick as compensation if they don't match an offer sheet presented to Green.

Rams | Team tenders Groce
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 06:24:38 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams have tendered restricted free agent CB DeJuan Groce an offer of about $720,000 which means the team would receive a fourth-round draft pick as compensation if they don't match an offer sheet presented to Groce

4and26

SunMo

Falcons | B. Smith to be released
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:24:55 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Atlanta Falcons will release veteran DE Brady Smith, which will save them $2.5 million against the salary cap.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Beermonkey

I read a rumor that the Jets are untagging (also known as Eagling) Abraham. Anyone else?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Beermonkey on March 02, 2006, 01:45:18 PM
I read a rumor that the Jets are untagging (also known as Eagling) Abraham. Anyone else?

They were bluffing, hoping to get a trade offer, but they can't handle the cap hit without the new CBA... I suppose.

Pointing, and laughing at the JetSkins.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Beermonkey

Cowboys | Glover to be released
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:37:22 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Dallas Cowboys DL La'Roi Glover has been informed he will be released.