2006 Free Agent Tracker - Defense

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 14, 2006, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

BigEd76

Supposedly there's a rule that you can't tag a player just to trade him, that you have to at least show intent to offer him whatever the tag value is.  If the Jets have no intention of offering the tag amount, then he can't be tagged...

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 02, 2006, 01:54:46 PM
Supposedly there's a rule that you can't tag a player just to trade him, that you have to at least show intent to offer him whatever the tag value is.  If the Jets have no intention of offering the tag amount, then he can't be tagged...

Maybe they intended to pay him if the cap increased as expected at the time.  Now, they can't.

Feva

Quote from: Beermonkey on March 02, 2006, 01:54:33 PM
Cowboys | Glover to be released
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:37:22 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Dallas Cowboys DL La'Roi Glover has been informed he will be released.

There's our DT boys...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: EagleFeva on March 02, 2006, 01:58:19 PM
Quote from: Beermonkey on March 02, 2006, 01:54:33 PM
Cowboys | Glover to be released
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:37:22 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Dallas Cowboys DL La'Roi Glover has been informed he will be released.

There's our DT boys...

No thanks.

phattymatty

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

EJ72

Quote from: Sun_Mo on March 02, 2006, 02:03:22 PM
i think i'd rather have Bernard

Glover and Bernard are pretty similiar players. Glover can still play but if Bernard comes free he's younger.

People were saying Glover was too small for a 3-4 NT, but we were no worse off with him manning the spot than FA Ferguson and some thought we were actually better.

MadMarchHare

SIGN BARBER (just cut by Chiefs, along with Warfield, McCleon)
Anyone but Reid.

phattymatty

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sun_Mo on March 02, 2006, 04:36:29 PM
what position does he play?

Placekicker

Quote from: rjs246 on March 02, 2006, 02:20:06 PM
I'd take Glover. No doubt.

I'll pass, he's washed up.

Quote from: MadMarchHare on March 02, 2006, 04:26:46 PM
SIGN BARBER (just cut by Chiefs, along with Warfield, McCleon)

I'd take a chance on him if the price was right. He's 30 but was the best WIL we've had since JJ's been our DC.

PhillyGirl

Didn't Barber miss ANOTHER full year with injury last year?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen