Bud Carson, architect of Steel Curtain defense, dies at 75

Started by phillywin2k5, December 07, 2005, 03:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillywin2k5

if you take advice from people in the 700 level, you'll find yourself sitting next to them -- Buddy Ryan

henchmanUK

:'(

RIP Bud. He is even forgiven for working under Richie the K.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

fansince61

IMO the greatest defensive coach of all time..THX Bud for all the memories, that MNF Houston game was something..can still see Given's laying down with all that wood up his nose after Wes Hopkins "shared some love" when Givens came over the middle :-D :-D :-D

MURP

Diomedes

He's dead folks.  He can't hear you.  Or read you.  Or whatever you want to call it.

Burn in hell forever, Bud!!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

fansince61

Quote from: Diomedes on December 07, 2005, 03:49:06 PM
He's dead folks.  He can't hear you.  Or read you.  Or whatever you want to call it.

It would be nice if fans had a chance to thank their hero's before they died.  I guess it might be to difficult for the families :-\

hbionic

Sometimes you're not cool Dio.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Don Ho

Quote from: fansince61 on December 07, 2005, 03:15:29 PM
IMO the greatest defensive coach of all time..THX Bud for all the memories, that MNF Houston game was something..can still see Given's laying down with all that wood up his nose after Wes Hopkins "shared some love" when Givens came over the middle :-D :-D :-D

Seth Joyner's greatest game ever!  Jeff Kemp was our QB that night.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

fansince61

Quote from: Don Ho on December 07, 2005, 09:05:51 PM
Quote from: fansince61 on December 07, 2005, 03:15:29 PM

Seth Joyner's greatest game ever!  Jeff Kemp was our QB that night.

YUP :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

Geowhizzer

fansince61

Quote from: Geowhizzer on December 07, 2005, 09:16:32 PM
RIP, Bud.

:(

THX :yay

Will try to save it to screen top

Eagles 3x

He's dead Dio. He can't hear you. Or read you. Or whatever you want to call it.
member since Aug. 21, 03. I am the KING of the Lurking Bastiches!!

stalker

I always wondered why he wasn't offered the HC job here after Kotite got canned.

Think of how that would have altered our present reallity.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

BobbyT

"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"