Mets Off-Season Thread

Started by DH, December 07, 2005, 11:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

we didnt boo thome like that until last year. 3 years in. losers.

note: its not beltrans fault the mets grossly overpaid for him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The benches and bullpens clearing!

Pedro hit Jose Guillen earlier and threw another one high and tight to him now and hit him again. Guillen starts to walk out to the mound pointing his bat at Pedro.

He never makes it out there - no punches thrown. Just a bunch of hugging and butt rubbing going on. The ump and catcher got after him.

PhillyPhreak54

And Nick Johnson makes Pedro pay.

He blasts a 3R HR to RF to tie the game at 5-5.

Sgt PSN

The Muts new stadium is pretty sweet looking.  I could tell it was a computer generated photo though because there's no one getting mugged in the picture with all the fans in it. 

MDS

why do the mets games continue to be blacked out for me?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 06, 2006, 08:46:52 PM
The Muts new stadium is pretty sweet looking.  I could tell it was a computer generated photo though because there's no one getting mugged in the picture with all the fans in it. 

That and there's no kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of prison for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 06, 2006, 08:55:17 PM
right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids.

My exwife doesn't live in NY. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 06, 2006, 08:51:16 PM
why do the mets games continue to be blacked out for me?

Its blacked out here too on ESPN. I don't get it because there are no other games on.

The only way I get to see it is because I have DirecTV and they have a free week of the MLB package on.

MDS

im not sure why mlb and/or espn is doing that. we dont live in new york. we dont get the ny stations.

PhillyPhreak54

I don't know either. I know the ESPN2 Phils game last night was blacked out for people in state College. And one guy who lives in Missouri said he was blacked out even though he lived 100 miles from STL and got no STL stations.

BTW, Mets are leading now. 9-5.

Beltran just went yard. Mets fans wanted a curtain call and he refused to do it. Then he finally gave in and did it.

Nats broadcasters said he shouldn't have gone out and that the fairweather Mets fans would be cheering Wags again too after blasting him on the FAN all day long.

MDS

god i hate new york. i cant wait till that mess emplodes. along with us, of course. then the braves will just coast along and win the division. again.

thrillhouse

New stadium looks sweet.  Somehow they gotta get rid of all those chop-shops just past the outifeld there, and put something nice.

Depending on where you live, the games might be blacked out because youre in SNY's territory.

http://www.sny.tv/subscribe.jsp For a map of the areas where its available.

MDS

ok im in philly. were not in the ny market. its really strange.

BigEd76

The Mets are the only team in the division with a winning record...

GoRahGeorge

Great reference to Paul Simon, Die-Hard.

And when the radical priest come to get me released, we were all on the cover of Eagles Digest.

Shout it out from Sansom Street on the west side to Elfreth's Alley in the Old City.

Erin Go Rah!