Eagles/Giants - Post Game thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, November 20, 2005, 04:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

i never say anything like this...but the refs completely farged the eagles yesterday. worst officiating i have ever seen.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

henchmanUK

Quote from: Wingspan on November 21, 2005, 09:20:06 AM
i never say anything like this...but the refs completely farged the eagles yesterday. worst officiating i have ever seen.

To be fair to Mike Lewis, that first PI call was an absolute fargin' joke.
[extremeskins]THE LEAGUE IS RIGGED, THE LEAGUE IS RIGGED![/extremeskins]
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Eaglez

I guess so. There were only 2 plays that I was pissed out. One was the 47 yard pass interference on Lewis that should have been a no call. He was going for the ball and has a right to fight for it. He as looking back and playing it. If anything it should have been offensive pass inteference.

Second, the raping in the endzone when LJ was going for the ball. They called the McMullen interference call but it was a no call for LJ because of what? The defender was clearly going through LJ to get the ball. Plenty of contact - too much for a no-call actually.

Other than that I couldn't think of any other calls.

Wingspan

Quote from: Eaglez on November 21, 2005, 09:24:47 AM
I guess so. There were only 2 plays that I was pissed out. One was the 47 yard pass interference on Lewis that should have been a no call. He was going for the ball and has a right to fight for it. He as looking back and playing it. If anything it should have been offensive pass inteference.

Second, the raping in the endzone when LJ was going for the ball. They called the McMullen interference call but it was a no call for LJ because of what? The defender was clearly going through LJ to get the ball. Plenty of contact - too much for a no-call actually.

Other than that I couldn't think of any other calls.

those are the two i was thinking of

i though Lewis was shafted on two PI calls. the one you mention, the one that set up that TD in the second half. (there were 2 calls on the play, and the one that was declined was the 5 yard illegal contact call).

that being said...litoast's partner SHELLED-ON Brown (ha ha...get it?!) has apparently forgotten how to play which didnt help anything.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

The interference call on Lewis was an absolute disgrace.

If anything, it should have been an offensive penalty.

Whatever, though.  Bitching about the officiating won't change the fact that the defense got owned again at the worst possible times and by a kid who they absolutely destroyed last year.

Awful.

RezRob

I agree about the 2 bad calls, LJ was definitely raped! JJ needs to lighten up on 3rd down blitzes, especially if our corners repeatedley bite on double-moves. They could drop a linebacker to squat the slant route and let our corners stay over the top. Conversely our QBs whoever it is should watch how teams beat our blitz. McMahon almost had a Nabb-like Roy throw in the first half. AR get LJ running routes over the middle!

I live by GB and we better not lose to the Pack, they will be on short rest and traveling. If our home run D stays solid we should be alright.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

henchmanUK

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 21, 2005, 09:55:56 AM
The interference call on Lewis was an absolute disgrace.

If anything, it should have been an offensive penalty.

Whatever, though.  Bitching about the officiating won't change the fact that the defense got owned again at the worst possible times and by a kid who they absolutely destroyed last year.

Awful.

I agree with this 100 percent.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

MDS

they dont get violent, they just talk back. its not a big deal. like the rowdiest douche in my section was this typical loser fan with a personalized jersey. some idiot in a randall jersey a few sections over was acting like a complete dickhead, and had little pieces of popcorn thrown at him, but thats it.

it took us 90 minutes to get to the turnpike from the parking lot. not a lot of fun.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Purple_Hayz

Since we're piling on the refs let's not forget that fumble non-call. ;)

As for the D if I'm picking on anybody it's Jones (with Lito gimped up that situation has taken care of itself for now) because he sucks like a Dyson.  What JJ saw in him I'll never know because his blitzing is even more worthless than his coverage.  Watching Carlos Emmons have a good day while somewhat gimpy only rubbed salt in the wound.  >:(

I don't want anybody else
When I think about you I cut myself

henchmanUK

Seems to me that JJ brings it when he shouldn't and doesn't when he should an awful lot this season. ???

SunMo

the blitzes are much more predictable this year because teams are easily blocking the front four and waiting for the blitz.

previous years, they had a good Corey Simon pushing up the middle, Hugh, Burgess, and others coming from the ends.  then they could blitz with more of a surprise element.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Cerevant

Random thoughts:

1) Give Sheldon a break - he jumped the short route because the blitz was on - they shouldn't have had time to go deep.  It wasn't his fault that the blitz didn't even cause a hurry.  Maybe you guys are saying that the secondary should start assuming that the blitz won't work? 

2) The defense was bad, but not aweful.  Take back the blocked punt, and the TD off of the bullshtein PI penalty (which would have been an interception without the offensive PI) and the Giants score 13 points.  The game was closer than it looked.

3) I'm getting farging pissed off at the media missing the whole farging point of this TO bullshtein.  This isn't about whether or not the Eagles should play him, the money, or the severity of the penalty for conduct detremental...this is about a player getting free agency in the 2nd year of a 7 year deal by going to the media.  They have to find a way to stop this or we'll have an NHL situation on our hands where the contracts get out of control, and the NFL will lock out the players before the no-cap year in the CBA (2008?).

4) Is anyone really still shocked that the Eagles suck this year?  Take a look at the list of players who started or were significant contributors last year:

IR/PUP: Pinkston, Grasmanis, McDougle, JR Reed, Buckhalter, Fraley, Short, Dirk Johnson
Released / Suspended: Mitchell, Ritchie, Owens,
FA: Burgess, Simon
Playing with significant injury: McNabb, Akers

No one player from that list makes you say "now we're farged", but when that much of your linup has turned over in one year, it's gotta make you wonder...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

SunMo

Quote from: Cerevant on November 21, 2005, 11:04:57 AM

2) The defense was bad, but not aweful.  Take back the blocked punt, and the TD off of the bullshtein PI penalty (which would have been an interception without the offensive PI) and the Giants score 13 points.  The game was closer than it looked.

that was the 1st half.  but in the second half, the Eagles offense got the game within 3 points 3 different times, and after everyone of those times, the defense let the Giants answer with a score, that's inexcusable for a team in a must win game.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

bobbyinlondon

Quote from: Cerevant on November 21, 2005, 11:04:57 AM
Random thoughts:

1) Give Sheldon a break - he jumped the short route because the blitz was on - they shouldn't have had time to go deep.  It wasn't his fault that the blitz didn't even cause a hurry.  Maybe you guys are saying that the secondary should start assuming that the blitz won't work? 

3) I'm getting farging pissed off at the media missing the whole farging point of this TO bullshtein.  This isn't about whether or not the Eagles should play him, the money, or the severity of the penalty for conduct detremental...this is about a player getting free agency in the 2nd year of a 7 year deal by going to the media.  They have to find a way to stop this or we'll have an NHL situation on our hands where the contracts get out of control, and the NFL will lock out the players before the no-cap year in the CBA (2008?).

4) Is anyone really still shocked that the Eagles suck this year?  Take a look at the list of players who started or were significant contributors last year:

IR/PUP: Pinkston, Grasmanis, McDougle, JR Reed, Buckhalter, Fraley, Short, Dirk Johnson
Released / Suspended: Mitchell, Ritchie, Owens,
FA: Burgess, Simon
Playing with significant injury: McNabb, Akers

No one player from that list makes you say "now we're farged", but when that much of your linup has turned over in one year, it's gotta make you wonder...

I agree with No.3 100%. If the arbitrator also rules that a 4 game suspension is TOO HARSH, then you'll have players, starting with Chad Johnson next year, pulling Owens' stunts. He's already says he's going to hold out unless the Bengals re-do his contract that they gave him 2 seasons ago.

Purple_Hayz

When discussing the ineffective blitzing let us not forget that it's really easy to beat the blitz when chances are a receiver is going to be open because half of the secondary fellates llamas.

I don't want anybody else
When I think about you I cut myself