Started by phattymatty, November 14, 2005, 11:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

trent cole: future nfl sack leader
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

I just hope he continually baits Petitgout into false starts and blatant holding in addition to decking Eli at least once.

ice grillin you

not that i wouldnt rather this game be for first place but its going to be somewhat of a relief to be able to watch and concentrate on players like trent cole instead of nervously pacing back n forth before every single play...im really excited to see him play

this will be the first game in a long time ill actually sit down during
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Jackson will be the shtein if we can get him to actually let go of the ball when he snaps it.  ;D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

One big thing I do like about Cole...

He's got an inside burst so he can bait the LT several times by going outside and then bust him up inside and kill the QB.

T_Section224

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 18, 2005, 08:18:36 AMthis will be the first game in a long time ill actually sit down during
it's funny but i was thinking the exact same thing.  i'm usually so emotionally involved in the game that i don't get to truly enjoy the game, but the rest of this season is going to be very different.  my blood pressure may come back to normal afterall.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

rjs246

Ha! N.D. Ka-who? Ha! I get it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 18, 2005, 08:18:36 AM
not that i wouldnt rather this game be for first place but its going to be somewhat of a relief to be able to watch and concentrate on players like trent cole instead of nervously pacing back n forth before every single play

Word life, Wigga.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

damn that headline is clever

Tomahawk

I don't think that it's technically a headline. Or clever.

General_Failure

Just think, if he was a good DE Spadaro would have us believe that calling the defensive line N D's Kohorts would be a good idea.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eaglez

Trent Cole could be a diamond in the rough. He does have a great inside burst and he is pretty relentless.

MURP

Quote"In the first half, I had the most one-on-one blocking I've seen all year," said Kearse, who now has seven sacks. "In the second half, I rarely saw one-on-one blocking."

In last week's 21-20 loss to Dallas, Cole had a strong game when he recorded two sacks. His emergence has taken some pressure off Kearse.

"I think I saw more one-on-one blocking in the first half because of Trent," Kearse said.

The 6-foot3, 260-pound Cole was relatively unheralded as a fifth-round draft choice out of the University of Cincinnati. But Kearse doesn't feel his bookend teammate will perform in anonymity too much longer.

"I'm not surprised at how Trent has played," Kearse said. "He just didn't have the opportunities, and now that he is getting the chance, he is making the most of those opportunities."

Defensive tackle Hollis Thomas went one step further in assessing Cole's development.

"Trent has come on these last few games and has turned out to be a great player," Thomas said.

Cole, who now has five sacks, earned his second consecutive multisack game. It also was the third straight game in which he has recorded a sack. Kearse, meanwhile, has enjoyed 14 multisack performances, including the postseason. His most recent multisack game was last year, when he recorded two sacks in a 15-10 win over Baltimore.

Like the 6-4, 265-pound Kearse, Cole doesn't have the bulk of many defensive ends, but both display a quick first step.

"I keep learning, taking notes, and learn as the plays unfold," Cole said. "It's all a learning process for me."

And one that appears to be accelerating as his playing time increases.

link if needed

SunMo

Cole needs to start the rest of the season and get alot of the growing pains out of the way and be ready to be the full-time starter next year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Quote from: Sun_Mo on November 21, 2005, 10:26:18 AM
Cole needs to start the rest of the season and get alot of the growing pains out of the way and be ready to be the full-time starter next year
Exactly.  I say we treat him just like Reggie Brown... let him start now, gain valuable experience while there's really nothing on the line... and then he's ready to contribute right from the start as the Eagles reload for next year.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews