Main Menu

Bye Bye TO

Started by bowzer, November 07, 2005, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Had Bayless done his columns from last year THIS year, that would be one thing. But he didn't. He's still a fraud.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

What the hell is Bayless going to write about now that TO won't be playing. The Eagles just put two people out of a job.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

EJ72

Congratulations. I'm sure there will still be some media BS to deal with the rest of the year, but in the long run you're better off. I don't think any team could have handled the entire situation any better than the Eagles did, no team needs a headache like that no matter what kind of talent is involved.

:yay

PS: How does this affect your cap next year? If you're in the same kind of shape you were in this year, I imagine it won't be much of a problem to absorb any hit from it. Having BW signed before next season means you can probably take some of the hit with what you have available this year, right?

Rome

Fraud or not, he was right about T.O.

And we were all wrong.

:poison

Rome

No hit whatsoever, EJ.  Banner structured the deal so there'd be minimal exposure.

Thank God for that, at least.

:-\

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: EJ72 on November 07, 2005, 04:22:08 PM
Congratulations. I'm sure there will still be some media BS to deal with the rest of the year, but in the long run you're better off. I don't think any team could have handled the entire situation any better than the Eagles did, no team needs a headache like that no matter what kind of talent is involved.

PS: How does this affect your cap next year? If you're in the same kind of shape you were in this year, I imagine it won't be much of a problem to absorb any hit from it. Having BW signed before next season means you can probably take some of the hit with what you have available this year, right?

Next years cap will have no effect. TO's bonus last year was structured so they'd take most of the hit in 2004. They split it up between a roster/option bonus and a signing bonus with the signing bonus being minimal so in case something like this happened they would have a msall dead money hit on him.

In March 2006 he is set to either receive a $7.5M roster bonus or not. he won't se that now, obviously. So once they refuse to pay him that he'll be a UFA and done officially as an Eagle.

And yes, Westbrook and Akers' contracts will have some hit on this year. Thats why Banner hoards cap money so he can do extensions like this.

EJ72

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 07, 2005, 04:25:41 PM
Quote from: EJ72 on November 07, 2005, 04:22:08 PM

Next years cap will have no effect. TO's bonus last year was structured so they'd take most of the hit in 2004. They split it up between a roster/option bonus and a signing bonus with the signing bonus being minimal so in case something like this happened they would have a msall dead money hit on him.

In March 2006 he is set to either receive a $7.5M roster bonus or not. he won't se that now, obviously. So once they refuse to pay him that he'll be a UFA and done officially as an Eagle.

And yes, Westbrook and Akers' contracts will have some hit on this year. Thats why Banner hoards cap money so he can do extensions like this.

Cool. Now you can get back to the business of playing football, and TO can begin his new career as a regular on Dr. Phil.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 07, 2005, 04:25:41 PMThats why Banner hoards cap money so he can do extensions like this.

Plus, it makes him feel hard, like a bagel.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Hopefully TO will be starting his new career of sucking on shotguns.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

I am reading on PhilaPhans that Irvin was on with Dan Patrick today and Patrick took him to task for sucking TO's balls so much. Apparently Patrick also questioned his credibility as a reporter and objectivity as an analyst to which Irvin took great offense.

He also continues to maintain that the Birds would be undefeated with Brett Favre as the QB.

JTrotter Fan

Bayless will now focus on Billy McMullen!! 
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 07, 2005, 04:30:53 PM...to which Irvin took great offense.

Anything that chaps Irvin's ass isn't all bad.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

T_Section224

i've had a rough day, long meetings, barely at my desk today, but i have to tell ya, this is the best news i've heard and a great way to end a monday.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 07, 2005, 04:30:53 PM
He also continues to maintain that the Birds would be undefeated with Brett Favre as the QB.

Just wondering...has Irvin WATCHED Favre in the past 3 years?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

I forget, what team does Freddie play for again?