Around the NFL -- Week 7

Started by Diomedes, October 21, 2005, 08:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Texas Tech probably has more fans.

The man. The myth. The legend.

WEST is GOD

THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

BigEd76

Sgt PSN

Vick thew 0 td's and 3 picks but he ran for 2 scores.  Can we put him in Canton now and just skip the rest of his career? 

General_Failure

I'm assuming the Mexicans won.

The man. The myth. The legend.

WEST is GOD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 25, 2005, 12:30:46 AM
Vick thew 0 td's and 3 picks but he ran for 2 scores.  Can we put him in Canton now and just skip the rest of his career? 

I bet those INTs were beautiful spirals. All it takes is a flick of the wrist.

Sgt PSN

You assume correctly.  Jimmy Hoffa some how made his way under the Georgia Dome and toyed with Vinny's Achilles again too. 

PhillyPhanInDC

The Herp was 11/23, 116 yards, and 3 picks. A HUGE QB rating of 16.1. Sean Salisbury on Sportscenter talking all about Vick. 100%. Nothing about Dunn's awesome game, the Jets handing the ball to the Falcons in the redzone twice, or how the game should have been closer, possibly even a loss for the Falcons if the  Jets had only marginal play from a QB.

The dumb shtein then goes on to proclaim Vick can have a game like this all the time, it doesn't matter, and they can be champions because he can turn the corner and get hit hard repeatedly. farging delusional. They were pretty damn close from losing that one towards the end after Vicks third pick, and Brooks Bollinger looked decent against the Salisbury termed, "Elite" defense.  ::)

I'll say it right here, Vick has the rest of this season, and maybe all of next year before everyone realizes the experiment failed.  :yay
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

I feel sorry for Herm Edwards. He lost another QB tonight. Granted it was 41-year old Testaverde, but still.

Brooks Bollinger looked half decent...except for that pass that he didn't get enough air under on 4th and 1 that could've helped them get it to 27-21.

WEST is GOD

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on October 25, 2005, 12:48:11 AM

The Herp was 11/23, 116 yards, and 3 picks. A HUGE QB rating of 16.1. Sean Salisbury on Sportscenter talking all about Vick. 100%. Nothing about Dunn's awesome game, the Jets handing the ball to the Falcons in the redzone twice, or how the game should have been closer, possibly even a loss for the Falcons if the  Jets had only marginal play from a QB.

The dumb shtein then goes on to proclaim Vick can have a game like this all the time, it doesn't matter, and they can be champions because he can turn the corner and get hit hard repeatedly. farging delusional. They were pretty damn close from losing that one towards the end after Vicks third pick, and Brooks Bollinger looked decent against the Salisbury termed, "Elite" defense.  ::)

I'll say it right here, Vick has the rest of this season, and maybe all of next year before everyone realizes the experiment failed.  :yay

He's not a passer and never will be. That isn't what they have him for.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 25, 2005, 12:51:54 AM
I feel sorry for Herm Edwards. He lost another QB tonight. Granted it was 41-year old Testaverde, but still.

Brooks Bollinger looked half decent...except for that pass that he didn't get enough air under on 4th and 1 that could've helped them get it to 27-21.

I was watching that play last night while reading the posts frying Reid for passing on a 4th and 1.

Edwards has CURTIS MARTIN at RB, and still elects to pass- with Bollinger at QB- on 4th and 1.

Too much faith in a marginal OB, too little faith in a future HOF RB, or too many hits in the head while playing for the Eagles?

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: TO is GOD on October 25, 2005, 01:02:36 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on October 25, 2005, 12:48:11 AM

And he'll never win a championship playing the way he does. If a defense shuts down the run against them (See the NFCCG), they are absolutely lost. Any championship caliber defense will install a solution to stop Vick and Dunn, and they win the game.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

BigEd76

Stop me if you've heard this one:   Carlos Emmons is injured and might be done for the year...  :P

Wingspan

Quote from: TO is GOD on October 25, 2005, 01:02:36 AM

he is a quarterback right?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 25, 2005, 11:03:30 AM
Stop me if you've heard this one:   Carlos Emmons is injured and might be done for the year... 

That can't hurt. Their defense is already terrible but the way that offense has been playing, every little bit will help.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.