Hugh Douglas and Jon Ritchie cut!

Started by WEST is GOD, September 03, 2005, 03:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Team carlos would like to say we hate you all.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on September 06, 2005, 10:09:04 AM

You can't sponsor Carlos any longer, as he is no longer part of the Eagles' organization.  There is no "Team carlos."

RezRob

I thought Hugh was hurt(shoulder) last year and showed signs that he was healthy this year.  ??? I know how the business works but this sux, losing Hugh is like when your cool uncle/Big Bro  goes away. I hope they re-sign him.  :cfhead
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

phattymatty

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 06, 2005, 10:16:21 AM
Quote from: phattymatty on September 06, 2005, 10:09:04 AM

You can't sponsor Carlos any longer, as he is no longer part of the Eagles' organization.  There is no "Team carlos."

You can't tell me what to do.  There is a team Carlos and it's special and you're not invited to the meetings anymore.

TexasEagle

Quote from: phattymatty on September 06, 2005, 11:40:16 AM
There is a team Carlos and it's special...

Riding the short bus these days, eh, Carlos?

MURP

Hugh was a veteran leader
Hugh kept the locker room loose
Hugh was one of Reids favorite players

Jaqua Thomas made it over Hugh.

Hugh must have really sucked.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on September 06, 2005, 12:36:24 PM
Hugh was one of Reids favorite players

I think AR really enjoyed Hugh at times and was also extremely annoyed by him at others.  The guy NEVER stops, and Andy's sense of humor definitely has its limits.

MURP

agreed. 

Im just going with what Big Red said as far as that comment.

rjs246

Out of curiosity, has IGY updated the score in his sig?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

RezRob

Juqua has a sack like everytime he got on the field, not sure what else he could do to prove he doesn't suck.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

MURP

I thought Jaqua played well, no doubt.   

But when you compare the situations overall, it seems that Hugh is pretty damn bad now. 

sallad selgae

Quote from: JailBird-man on September 06, 2005, 03:11:43 PM

Juqua has a sack like everytime he got on the field, not sure what else he could do to prove he doesn't suck.

He Needs to start taking Summer classes at BYU.  That'll make him great in Reid's eyes.
"Official Sponsor of the first, fourth round draft pick"

PhillyPhreak54

Bengals | Ritchie Coming for a Workout
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 05:40:39 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of InsideBayArea.com, reports free agent FB Jon Ritchie (Eagles) said he is flying to Cincinnati Monday, Sept. 12, for a workout with the Cincinnati Bengals.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 09, 2005, 03:17:32 PM
Speaking of Ritchie:

QuoteRitchie goes grunge

Former Raiders fullback Jon Ritchie lost his job with the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday. It didn't take long for him to find a new gig. Literally.

Ritchie was at Thursday's game as an invited guest of East Bay band Green Day, passing time between NFL stops touring the East Coast by bus with the popular rockers.

Green Day performed before the game, watched the game from a private suite and then left for its next stop, in Hartford, Conn. From there, Ritchie said, he is off to Cincinnati for a tryout with the Bengals.

"I don't know about (wearing) orange," Ritchie said, always known for his introspective takes on life and football, as well as his hard-nosed style of play.

Ritchie played for the Raiders from 1998-2002. He spent the past two seasons with the Eagles before he was "blindsided" by Philadelphia's last-minute decision to go with younger players at fullback.

Ritchie said he passes the time jamming on guitar with Green Day and even wrote a song that one day might find its way into a Green Day concert.

"Those guys are virtuosos," Ritchie said.

Ritchie said he loves his current gig but "would love to play for the Raiders" again. His wife hails from San Francisco and most of his close friends still live in the Bay Area. He attended Stanford.

;)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome