Hugh Douglas and Jon Ritchie cut!

Started by WEST is GOD, September 03, 2005, 03:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on September 05, 2005, 06:21:52 PM
Parry sucks.

Gras sucks.

Those are my two gripes.

Not having Ritchie to lead block for Westbrook is a bad farging idea if Parry is the alternative.

Parry's blocking isn't really what concerns me.  I thought that as the year went on last season, he progressed each weak.  Although I still don't think he's as good as Ritchie, his blocking is far from my concern.  My concern is his ability (or lack there of) to take the occasional hand off and pick a few yards or pound it in the endzone or receive the occasional dump pass.  Ritchie's recieving skills I think are what's going to be missed the most. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

General_Failure

Wait, what about that guy from Washington. Surely he knows how to run a three yard route.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Live long and play some fullback:

QuoteSpeaking of fullback, rookie free agent Stephen Spach is primarily focused on the tight end position while toiling at fullback, too.

"We utilized him there during training camp," Reid said. "We need to make sure that most of his concentration is on the tight end spot. But he is a guy that we could use at fullback."

rjs246

Great. Just what the Eagles and this board need... our very own H-back to inspire skins fans to come out of the woodwork and fellate Gibbs some more.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

I was just chewing back that same vomit.

BobbyT

A nice birthday gift for Ritchie -  ouch
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

phattymatty

BigEd76

A big ol' article on Thornburg's weekend

QuoteHe has to find a place to live and a means of transportation. He will spend the night at the apartment of fellow rookie safety Sean Considine.

"I'm homeless right now. I just checked out of my hotel. I have no car," Thornburg said. "Got to move the wife up. It's crazy."

His wife is an accountant for Northern Arizona.

"She's stressing out a lot," Thornburg said. "My job security isn't 100 percent."

TempleOwl

I see Merrill, Mike and HUGH in the near future...

Jon Ritchie was having difficulties running and driving off the knee so I'm not surprised they cut him, sad but not surprised.  We will miss Hugh's leadership in the locker room.  I often wonder why teams don't give vets like Hugh a chance to be a coach of some sort to keep the leadership there.

Glad to see Perry get picked for the PS.  If they can cure the fumbles he could be a good one.  Lamar Gorgon instead of Levens is also interesting.  We'll see how thisd minor drama plays out.
"If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck...SHOOT IT!"

MURP

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 05, 2005, 11:25:39 AM
Have there been any interviews with Thornberg yet? I'd love to see this kid's reaction to making the team . :yay

ED...thanks for posting that article.  :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Cerevant

Quote from: rjs246 on September 06, 2005, 09:35:39 AM
He'll be off the team by mid-season.
Team Thornburg would like to say, "Bite me"

C
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.