FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

At the Olympic break, the Flyers are the #5 seed...  :P

PoopyfaceMcGee

...another completely pointless smilie from the Edster...

ice grillin you

At the Olympic break, the Flyers are the #5 seed... 

"theres a good chance the flyers go into the break without even having playoff home ice advantage"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

QuoteForsberg heading to Turin
By ED MORAN
Daily News Sports Writer

Turin, Italy - Despite an MRI that revealed Peter Forsberg's groin has not completely healed, the Flyers center is leaving for Turin and the Olympics this evening, the Swedish superstar told Daily News today.

"I'm going to fly over and see how it goes," Forsberg said this afternoon. "I'm still not 100 percent, but I'm going to rest when I get there and see how it goes. If isn't 100 percent, I'm not going to play."

Forsberg has been sidelined for the past 2 weeks with the injury. He had previously said if the groin was not totally healed that he would not go to Turin. He underwent an MRI on Sunday night and it was read this morning by the Flyers' doctors.

The men's hockey competition opens Wednesday, although Forsberg could sit out the early games and be available later in the tournament.

"Peter knows what the results of the MRI were and what the risks involved are," Flyers general manager Bob Clarke said.

"We wish him real good luck, except against the Canadians," quipped Clarke, a former Team Canada general manager.

Forsberg informed the Flyers of his decision in a meeting with Clarke shortly after 1 p.m.

"I think it's his decision to make," Clarke said before the meeting. "Nobody else can make it for him. It's up to him."
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

PoopyfaceMcGee

Whatever.  It sounds like he wants to support his team/country and pretend he's considering suiting up, but in the end, he probably won't.  And if he does, and he re-injures himself, then we can just kill him.

SD_Eagle5

MDS

The Flyers wont win the cup anyway, let him play. I'd say the same thing to any member of one of our loser franchises.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

^^^^
tru

but its still a slap in the face to the team and city if he miraculously gets better and plays in the olympics...yet he cant even get thru a half hour practice with the flyers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on February 13, 2006, 03:20:20 PM
The Flyers wont win the cup anyway, let him play. I'd say the same thing to any member of one of our loser franchises.

Yet sadly, they're still our best chance. Ouch.

Wingspan

didnt forsberg threaten to retire not too many year ago because of some dispute with colorado? or was that someone else?

forsberg has his money, and his name on the cup...national pride is big with europeans, especially in the hockey circuits. it is possible that his heart just isnt in to the nhl.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Wingspan on February 13, 2006, 04:02:40 PM
didnt forsberg threaten to retire not too many year ago because of some dispute with colorado? or was that someone else?

forsberg has his money, and his name on the cup...national pride is big with europeans, especially in the hockey circuits. it is possible that his heart just isnt in to the nhl.

I'm 99% sure he threatened to retire over injuries.

SunMo

QuoteForsberg says he will play for Sweden in Olympics
By Tim Panaccio
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

TURIN, Italy - Flyers center Peter Forsberg, who has been rehabilitating his injured groin since arriving here earlier in the week, will play on Saturday when Team Sweden meets Latvia in the Olympic round-robin round.

After 55 minutes practicing on a line with Samuel Pahlsson and P.J. Axelsson, Forsberg informed the media in Swedish that we would play.

Forsberg has been rehabilitating a left groin strain since Jan. 25 and has not had a full practice with the Flyers since.

Swedish team physician Lennart Houelius has been working with Forsberg to treat the groin using massage and electro-therapy, but on Thursday gave Forsberg no better than a "50-50" chance.

The Swedes are in need of some offense after losing to the Russians, 5-0, on Thursday.

Peter...Peter...Peter...you better not get hurt motherfarger

rjs246

Sometimes it's so goddamned frustrating being a philadelphia fan...
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo