Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Flyers win! 5-2!

Richards with the Hatrick!!!

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 08, 2006, 09:27:11 PM
Flyers win! 5-2!

Richards with the Hatrick!!!

:yay Go to see that one on my Center Ice.  The Fishstick announcers were very complimentary to Richards- said it was probably the first of many.

Lots of hats on the ice, too!

ice grillin you

the gawd = #1 athlete in the city right now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

when Joni plays like he did last night, full of confidence, he is a monster. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

QuoteTime running out on Forsberg's Olympics

By KEVIN COONEY
phillyBurbs.com

PHILADELPHIA - The television crews from Sweden surrounded Peter Forsberg Wednesday morning, all hoping that their country's main hockey hero would tell them the news they wanted to hear.

By the time they walked away, they seemed to realize that Forsberg's Olympics may be over before they ever started.

The Flyers star center tried to skate again on Wednesday morning, but reported a similar discomfort in his left groin that he experienced in a practice on Tuesday.

With the clock ticking down to two games remaining before the NHL takes a two-week break and its stars head to Turin, Forsberg's diagnosis appeared all but set.

"It felt the same as it did [Tuesday]," he said. "We'll just have to see how it is tomorrow."

And if it isn't better on Thursday?

"Big problems," Forsberg said.

Forsberg also said that he planned to call Swedish Olympic officials and discuss the injury situation with them before making a decision.

"There's no question that I want to go to the Olympics, and I want to play," Forsberg said. "But if I'm not healthy and able to play, then I can't."

Sweden's loss could be the Flyers' gain. It's no secret there are some in the organization - with team chairman Ed Snider being chief among them - who wouldn't mind if Forsberg passes up on the Olympic experience to rest the injury and prepare for a playoff push.

However, Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock warned that Forsberg's Olympic fate isn't sealed yet.

"People just have to sit back, calm down and see what happens," Hitchcock said. "Let's see how practice goes [today]. Let's see how he feels, and we'll go from there."

Joni Pitkanen, who recently returned from injuries, announced after the game he will not be playing for Team Finland in the Olympics.

Desjardins returns

Other players may have waited out the final three games and returned after the Olympic break after missing eight weeks with a shoulder injury.
Click here

But Eric Desjardins figured this was the right time.

"I'm healthy, so why wouldn't I come back?" the veteran defenseman said. "It doesn't matter the timing. If you are healthy enough to play, you play."

Desjardins suffered a right shoulder injury against Calgary on Dec. 8. Less than a week later, he underwent surgery to stabilize the shoulder and allow for proper healing.

The original diagnosis for return was 8-to-10 weeks, leading most to believe that he wouldn't return before the Olympic break.

"It feels strong and healthy," Desjardins said. "The doctor (Peter DeLuca) took a look at it [Wednesday] morning, put it through some strength and flexibility tests, and he was comfortable with it being ready to go."

With the Flyers being so injury-riddled, Desjardins was scheduled to go right back to his normal ice time total on Wednesday night.

Ice chips

Simon Gagne missed Wednesday night's game due to flu. ... There was no further update on the status of center Keith Primeau, who was in Toronto earlier this week to meet with a chiropractor in hopes of relieving some of the concussion symptoms that have kept him out of the past 47 games. Earlier in the week, published reports indicated that the Flyers would not clear him medically for the remainder of the season. ... With all of the injuries mounting up, the Flyers recalled forwards Stefan Ruzicka and Ryan Ready from the Phantoms. Their arrival meant that they had 10 first-year players suited up for Wednesday night's game against the Islanders.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Flyers held on to win 5-4 last night.  At Ottawa in 30 minutes.  No Forsberg again...

ice grillin you

the big one all OVER shtein as usual

BigEd76

2-0 Ottawa, Esche pulled 15 minutes into the game

MDS

3 headed Flyers spin patrol makin excuses for this one.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

not enough people like hockey for there to be a spin posse

pg was it...but she hurled herself off the esche wagon in october

hope shes ok

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

My boy Donald Brashear is becoming a goal scoring MONSTER! :D

Frank Nitty had some great saves in the 2nd especially on the Ottawa power play after Brash's goal.

LBIggle

PhillyPhreak54

Game Over. :-\

3-2 Sens win.

Niitymaki was awesome tonight though. If he starts they win. He had it going tonight.

SD_Eagle5

Really wasn't too upset with this loss. They blew the first period but pretty much dominated the 2nd and 3rd. A healthy Flyers team in the playoff will take down the Sens. For whatever reason, Hasek has always struggled with us. Only team I really fear is Tampa.

Nitty was spectacular late. Hatcher was a beast tonight.