FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

This team has no hope of climbing out of the 0-1 hole!  ALL IS LOST!!!

Giving up 5 goals on opening night on home ice IS pathetic, though.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

this has nothing to do with last nights game...altho he was horrid...but its the same old story...good team not good enough goalie

on another note...what a farging goal by richards
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 06, 2005, 08:22:20 AM
this has nothing to do with last nights game...altho he was horrid...but its the same old story...good team not good enough goalie

on another note...what a farging goal by richards

i dunno, i thought Esche was money in their run to the conference finals two years ago.  i don't think the goalie will be the problem.

last night, they were just dominated by the Rangers, especially in the Rangers offensive zone.  the Rangers were circling the puck for entire shifts and the Flyers just weren't working hard enough.

i'm sure the power play and the penalty kill will get better, Hitch is a great coahc, but the lack of effort last night was the thing that pissed me off the most.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i dunno, i thought Esche was money in their run to the conference finals two years ago.  i don't think the goalie will be the problem.

last night, they were just dominated by the Rangers, especially in the Rangers offensive zone.  the Rangers were circling the puck for entire shifts and the Flyers just weren't working hard enough.

that was def a problem last night...but esche did give up three bad goals...which is his MO...something you cant have if you expect to win a cup...even in their run last season he gave up a number of bad goals...khabibulin was the superior goalie and the flyers only took it as far as they did because of the super human play of primeau...with an equivalent goalie the flyers beat tampa in six

i like esche and hes a solid goalie but i dont believe hes stanley cup caliber

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

LOL, IGY already blaming it on the goalie.

:-D ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

as stated i said this has nothing to do with last night or any other night this year...they dont have a cup caliber goalie...i was saying this during the run two springs ago

Rome

Oh, Jesus Christ.

Esche is a Cup-quality goaltender you simp.

The defense played like shtein and they only scored once on ten power play opportunities.  That's why they lost, not because Esche had a bad night.

We're not going to have to deal with your negadelphian bullshtein in Flyers threads all year, are we?

::)

ice grillin you

no esche isnt...even in the flyers run last season esche was near the bottom in gaa and save % in the playoffs...not to mention his biggest problem soft goals...you cannot consistently give up soft goals and be called a cup caliber goalie...bad goals is the reason pheonix traded him in the first place

and again for you slowpokes out there this HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LAST NIGHT

PhillyGirl

No, it has to do with you once again being a complete idiot.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Meh.

Opinions are like iceholes; everyone has one.

ice grillin you

do you have ANY evidence that would support him being a goalie that is capable of leaidng his team to the stanley cup

hes made the conf finals one year...and even then...on arguably the most talented team in the league he had some of the worst playoff numbers in the league

he was brutaly outplayed by the goalie that did win the cup

and

he has a history...going back to when he first entered the league...of being a goalie that gives up the softie

thats my case what exactly is yours...other than hes a good guy and you like him

Rome

He carried the Flyers in 2004, IGY.

Is he Bernie Parent?  No.  But he's no Garth Snow either.

PS: I know you're not referring to last night when judging Esche but if Hatcher played last night, I guarantee that the result would have been different.  Defense plays a bigger part in goals allowed than a goaltender's performance.  If you ever actually played the game, you'd know that without saying.

Seabiscuit36

Romey Hatcher playing would have meant no therien...That means no screening Esche and at least two less goals.  The goalie cam is going to kill Therien this year. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons