FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2006, 08:24:33 PM
what was most disappointing to me was forsberg...he took off the pre olympic games as playing for sweden was clearly more important to him and was never really into the season after that...then in a six game playoff series he was the worst player on the ice one game and invisible in two others...he just never really seemed like he wanted to be playing this year...

Don't know if I agree with him being the worst player on the ice but aside from 2 games he clearly wasn't his usual self. And Hatcher sucks, he was decent the first half of the season but disappeared the rest. First thing I'd do is overhaul the D. Keep Pitkanen and Johnsson, sayonora to the rest of em. The slow immobile defense doesn't work. We get beat every year by teams with speed, this isn't rocket science.

The BIGSTUD

This team has all the tools physically to win, but mentally they need some players with some pride. To not even show up to play 4 games in this series is a disgrace. This team is extremely weak mentally. They let every mishap that happened this year get them down. When toughs teams overcome those types of things.

Oh, and maybe a puck handler or two.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

Don't know if I agree with him being the worst player on the ice

he single handedly lost them game one

gave away a goal on one of the laziest miscues youll ever see in a playoff game...missed an open net and had one assist in a game and a half worth of play
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

The goal he gave up was a penalty that wasn't called. He was tripped from behind.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 02, 2006, 08:29:23 PM
- Never guaranteed we'd get walker. Refer to various posts of me saying if we get Walker. Everyone but me said we wouldn't give up high draft picks for him, and I said we would, which we did offer. A 2nd and a 4th which GB declined, and I happened to say the only way we don't get him is if GB refuses to trade him here.
-  Jason Avant
- Never said Walker was worth 2 2nds on here.
- Esche and Nitty are better than Luongo.
- Brodeur is washed up.
- Everything I've said about this series has been correct. You said it was over back after game 2, which makes your Sabres in 6 prediction invalidated. After that you said Sabres in 4.

Come again:
Quote from: Philly Forever on April 29, 2006, 11:14:45 AM
Excellent. Now we just need to push for him like a child birth and get him in Philly. As long as it doesn't completely destroy their draft plans, they should do whatever it takes to get him. Start offering picks next year. They want 2 2nds then offer our 2nd this year and one next year. IMO it's worth the risk because he's so good. Meanwhile I'm sure the Eagles could do something in the meantime to get a 2nd round pick for next year back. They are good at trading for future picks.

And you did guarantee we'd get Walker. Something about Reid and the Eagles wouldn't do that to the fans. Then you came down off that and guaranteed we'd draft a WR in the first round. Please don't make me go digging through your old posts to find them.
- Brodeur is still the best goalie in the league and one of the top 3 all time. FYI, he's about to win another Cup, because as of right now the Devils are the best team in the league.
- Esche and Nitty combined aren't as good as Luongo
- Me saying 'Sabres in 6' is me saying it was over from the beginning. Who was right, again?

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2006, 08:44:14 PM
Quote from: Philly Forever on May 02, 2006, 08:29:23 PM
- Never guaranteed we'd get walker. Refer to various posts of me saying if we get Walker. Everyone but me said we wouldn't give up high draft picks for him, and I said we would, which we did offer. A 2nd and a 4th which GB declined, and I happened to say the only way we don't get him is if GB refuses to trade him here.
-  Jason Avant
- Never said Walker was worth 2 2nds on here.
- Esche and Nitty are better than Luongo.
- Brodeur is washed up.
- Everything I've said about this series has been correct. You said it was over back after game 2, which makes your Sabres in 6 prediction invalidated. After that you said Sabres in 4.

Come again:
Quote from: Philly Forever on April 29, 2006, 11:14:45 AM
Excellent. Now we just need to push for him like a child birth and get him in Philly. As long as it doesn't completely destroy their draft plans, they should do whatever it takes to get him. Start offering picks next year. They want 2 2nds then offer our 2nd this year and one next year. IMO it's worth the risk because he's so good. Meanwhile I'm sure the Eagles could do something in the meantime to get a 2nd round pick for next year back. They are good at trading for future picks.

And you did guarantee we'd get Walker. Something about Reid and the Eagles wouldn't do that to the fans. Then you came down off that and guaranteed we'd draft a WR in the first round. Please don't make me go digging through your old posts to find them.
- Brodeur is still the best goalie in the league and one of the top 3 all time. FYI, he's about to win another Cup, because as of right now the Devils are the best team in the league.
- Esche and Nitty combined aren't as good as Luongo
- Me saying 'Sabres in 6' is me saying it was over from the beginning. Who was right, again?

I took back the 2 2nds thing shortly after. It's funny how you ignored my other deal proposals.

I never guaranteed we'd get Walker. I said a few times things like "that's ok because we are getting walker" to bust balls, but when it came down to being serious, there were no guarantees.

I also never guaranteed a receiver in the first round either, but I did say it is a possibility.

SD_Eagle5

Whatever you say Mr. Spin Doctor

NGM

Philly sports teams break my heart.  :-\
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

The BIGSTUD

Philly is a blue collar town, and the Flyers are a white collar team. They are taking bitch slaps like they enjoy it.

phillymic2000

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

One of the biggest underachievers in history. This was arguably the most talented team in hockey, plus they have arguably the best coach in hockey. They are the biggest quitters I've ever seen. I lost all respect for this team, because I don't root for quitters.

Hitch lied when he said they would come to play in game 6.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2006, 08:35:52 PM
the series was over before it started....the number of games was the only issue

@ don...have they done any eagles stuff on that draft recap show yet??

Sorry, I had to step out for awhile.  Kiper loved the birds draft and that other guy, the former GM from Tampa thought the Eagles had one of the best drafts.  Said getting Gilles was amazing and loved the Justice pick.  Birds didn't panic and stat making ridiculous trades or reaches.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 02, 2006, 09:38:27 PM
One of the biggest underachievers in history. This was arguably the most talented team in hockey, plus they have arguably the best coach in hockey. They are the biggest quitters I've ever seen. I lost all respect for this team, because I don't root for quitters.

Hitch lied when he said they would come to play in game 6.

i dont follow hockey, but even i know theres no way they had arguably the most talented team in hockey. theyre best player is an injury waiting to happen and they still use 800 year old eric desjardins in a key role. no shot. take the phillygirl homer patrol down a notch or two, bud.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

So because Forsberg gets hurt a lot, somehow that makes him less talented?

Forsberg, Gagne, Knuble, Richards, Carter, Handzus, Primeau, Johnsson, Pitkanen, are all extremely talented players.

Don't forget going into the season everyone had this team going to the Cup Finals. Why? Because on paper, they are extremely talented.

But talent doesn't mean anything if you don't use it, and they clearly didn't. Played soft, and laid down tonight.