FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 02, 2006, 07:57:38 PM
The game isn't over yet, but it's obvious you care about your predictions more than the team winning. Which is a mark of someone who isn't a true fan.

You're a farging psychopath.

SD_Eagle5

The game isn't over yet, but it's obvious you care about your predictions more than the team winning. Which is a mark of someone who isn't a true fan.

Yup, way to deflect the fact that I was right all along and you were totally off. I moved back to the area in the middle of December and still made 8 games, care to tell me how many you made? Just give me my just due adulation already.

The BIGSTUD

No, I'm realistic. The team has scored 3 straight goals in game 4, so they can do it this game. Not if they keep playing careless like they did in the first period, but if someone lights a fire under them, then it's possible.

I'm a true fan, so I don't give up hope until it's over.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2006, 08:00:20 PM

Yup, way to deflect the fact that I was right all along and you were totally off. I moved back to the area in the middle of December and still made 8 games, care to tell me how many you made? Just give me my just due adulation already.

The games not over, but if the Flyers lose, and you really care so much about your "due" then I'll give it to you. You seem to care a lot about it, which is pretty lame if you ask me. To care #1 about being right and #2 about your team's success. It shows where your heart is.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 02, 2006, 07:59:04 PM

Yes he is, if you need further proof, see:
- The Javon Walker guarantee
- We'll draft a WR if we don't get Javon Walker guarantee
- Day of the draft Walker was worth 2 2nds. After he's traded he wasn't worth a 2nd and a 4th
- Both Esche and Nitty are better than Luongo
- The Devils are overrated and will be swept.
- Brodeur is washed up
- Any post regarding this series

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 02, 2006, 08:00:50 PM
I'm a true fan, so I don't give up hope until it's over.

True fans can know what the likely outcome is while still hoping for the unlikely, if it benefits the team they love.

You're not a "true fan".  You're a blind one.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 02, 2006, 08:02:22 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2006, 08:00:20 PM

The games not over, but if the Flyers lose, and you really care so much about your "due" then I'll give it to you. You seem to care a lot about it, which is pretty lame if you ask me. To care #1 about being right and #2 about your team's success. It shows where your heart is.

Why because I can be objective and can admit when I think we're up against a superior team? That doesn't make me any less of a fan than you.

Geowhizzer

All I have to say is SONOFABI....  :boom :boom :boom :boom :boom

At least the Phils are winning.  :-\

ice grillin you

Both Esche and Nitty are better than Luongo

i remember almost losing it after hearing that...didnt know it was dook tho

he definitely has overtaken pg as homer extraordinaire #1 on the board

while i was off by a game....my due is this

--flyers lack of scoring is what will hurt them most...no one outside of forsberg can score with buffalo
--they might win a game or two if forsberg takes over
--expect a rout or two in the series
--this series is a carbon copy of their 2001 matchup
--esche stinks

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

what a pathetically disappointing season...i knew they had no chance at the cup from the get....but i thought they could at least win a series or at best two....and i never thought they would get urinated on like this (not at the beginning of the year anyway)

what was most disappointing to me was forsberg...he took off the pre olympic games as playing for sweden was clearly more important to him and was never really into the season after that...then in a six game playoff series he was the worst player on the ice one game and invisible in two others...he just never really seemed like he wanted to be playing this year...

Don Ho

5-0!  Holy shtein.  Even the Buffalo fans look/sound bored.

Only thing more painful to watch on TV right now is that geek Tray Wingo on NFL Live.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2006, 08:03:19 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on May 02, 2006, 07:59:04 PM

Yes he is, if you need further proof, see:
- The Javon Walker guarantee
- We'll draft a WR if we don't get Javon Walker guarantee
- Day of the draft Walker was worth 2 2nds. After he's traded he wasn't worth a 2nd and a 4th
- Both Esche and Nitty are better than Luongo
- The Devils are overrated and will be swept.
- Brodeur is washed up
- Any post regarding this series

- Never guaranteed we'd get walker. Refer to various posts of me saying if we get Walker. Everyone but me said we wouldn't give up high draft picks for him, and I said we would, which we did offer. A 2nd and a 4th which GB declined, and I happened to say the only way we don't get him is if GB refuses to trade him here.
-  Jason Avant
- Never said Walker was worth 2 2nds on here.
- Esche and Nitty are better than Luongo.
- Brodeur is washed up.
- Everything I've said about this series has been correct. You said it was over back after game 2, which makes your Sabres in 6 prediction invalidated. After that you said Sabres in 4.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

the series was over before it started....the number of games was the only issue

@ don...have they done any eagles stuff on that draft recap show yet??