FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

No there isn't a thin line. Saying the series is over is not being realistic. It's just being negative with really no basis for it.

2-1 is not over. I don't care how you slice it. No stats, arguments, or whatever could justify it being over.

and I never said Walker without a doubt would be an Eagle.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 26, 2006, 09:58:50 PM
No there isn't a thin line. Saying the series is over is not being realistic. It's just being negative with really no basis for it.

2-1 is not over. I don't care how you slice it. No stats, arguments, or whatever could justify it being over.

Think about the motivation they had heading into this one game. At home, just blown out, called a bunch of idiots, if they don't win this game they're gutless. Buffalo's going to win the series because they're the better team.

The BIGSTUD

Buffalo is not the better team, and Buffalo winning this series doesn't mean the series is over right now. Buffalo could win this series, but it's not over. This is going to be a long hard fought series.

Miller fargin blows as a goalie. As long as he is in the net the Flyers got a chance. Buffalo is faster, but the Flyers have a lot more talent.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 26, 2006, 10:03:08 PM
Buffalo is faster, but the Flyers have a lot more talent.

What's going to ultimately win this series for Buffalo is how much faster their forwards are than our defenseman. Your early argument was that our physical play was going to wear them down, well here's a newsflash for ya, they're outhitting us by a large margin this series.

The BIGSTUD

Buffalo dominated up there, we dominated in game 3 down here. If we do the same in game 4 it's all evened out and anyone's series.

If you think Buffalo is going to win the series, fine. But by you saying the series is over is just wrong.

SD_Eagle5

We didn't dominate tonight, did you happen to catch the 3rd period when we were up by 1 and the Sabres were pressing hard?

The BIGSTUD

We were just holding the lead. We dominated period 1 and 2, and in period 3 we sat on it, so period 3 is a scratch for that period.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 26, 2006, 10:13:20 PM
We were just holding the lead. We dominated period 1 and 2, and in period 3 we sat on it, so period 3 is a scratch for that period.

The game was 1-1 in the first, that's hardly dominating. I'll say we 'outplayed' them in the 2nd, however, we didn't by any means 'dominate' them. Dominate is what happened to us the first period on Monday. And you calling the 3rd a scratch is hilarious, the Sabres outplayed us, that much was blatantly obvious.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 26, 2006, 10:13:20 PM

That's been one of my major problems with this team all year.  They play "not to lose" in the third period, and that will bite them in the rear in the playoffs.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 26, 2006, 10:03:08 PM
Buffalo is not the better team, and Buffalo winning this series doesn't mean the series is over right now. Buffalo could win this series, but it's not over. This is going to be a long hard fought series.

Miller fargin blows as a goalie. As long as he is in the net the Flyers got a chance. Buffalo is faster, but the Flyers have a lot more talent.

Robert Esche:  22-11, 2.95 GAA, .897 SV%
Antero Niittymaki:  23-15, 2.95 GAA, .895 SV%

Ryan Miller:  30-14, 2.60 GAA, .914 SV%

Yeah, Miller's awful.

MDS

flyer homers dont delute yourselves over one game. friday is a total must win.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Buffalo dominated up there, we dominated in game 3 down here

they didnt dominate...they just didnt implode and miller wasnt good

game three was the game they were winning from the start...if they didnt win last night they dont derserve to play at all...

i credit last night to the crowd...buffalo was definitely intimidated for the first half of the game....but once they settled in they took the play to the flyers...i expect them to come out like that from the jump friday and to win the game...then wrap it up in buffalo sunday

can someone put desjardins to sleep....he is a dead horse

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2006, 08:20:32 AM

same could be said for Hatcher and Rathje
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 27, 2006, 08:22:04 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2006, 08:20:32 AM

same could be said for Hatcher and Rathje

I'd like to add Gauthier name to that list.

SunMo

combined with the fact that Pitkannen is playing timid right now, nothing but blue skies ahead.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.