FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2005, 11:21:32 AM
i must be retarded cause i like melrose...and i really like irvin

it bothers me that Irvin touches everybody sitting near him on the set every Sunday
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

best hockey announcers are in ny

rosen and davidson
rose and micheletti

almost anyone associated with hockey night in canada in fantastic as well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

it bothers me that Irvin touches everybody sitting near him on the set every Sunday

yeah that is a little disturbing...but i like him overall...then again i dont take people on tv very serious...i agree about aikman too...he might be the best football analyst ive ever heard

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2005, 11:27:44 AM
best hockey announcers are in ny

rosen and davidson
rose and micheletti

almost anyone associated with hockey night in canada in fantastic as well

Sam Rosen is great at hockey, which is why I can't stand listening to his ignorance in doing Fox NFL. He's HORRENDOUS as a football announcer.

I miss Gene Hart and Bobby Taylor.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2005, 11:29:07 AM

yeah that is a little disturbing...but i like him overall...then again i dont take people on tv very serious...i agree about aikman too...he might be the best football analyst ive ever heard

i always felt that they were taking time from Aikman when they had Collingsworth in there being silly.

i guess he's going to NBC next year.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

gene hart was classic

i have hundreds of flyer games on tape as every fight they ever had from about 78 to 91 or so

one time eddie hospodar cross checked someone on the whalers...mighta been ray neufeld...but it was vicious...he even got suspended when it was hard to get suspended i the nhl...crosschecked dook right in the mouth...brutal...and while the guy is out on the iceall gene hart says is "the only way youre getting thru that is if youre a beaver"

in another all time classic fight glen cochrane beat the living daylights out of jeff brubaker at center ice of the spectrum...one of the great beatings in nhl history...or as gene put it "cochrane played the anvil chorus on brubakers head"

god i miss hockey in the 80's

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2005, 11:39:20 AM
gene hart was classic

i have hundreds of flyer games on tape as every fight they ever had from about 78 to 91 or so

one time eddie hospodar cross checked someone on the whalers...mighta been ray neufeld...but it was vicious...he even got suspended when it was hard to get suspended i the nhl...crosschecked dook right in the mouth...brutal...and while the guy is out on the iceall gene hart says is "the only way youre getting thru that is if youre a beaver"

in another all time classic fight glen cochrane beat the living daylights out of jeff brubaker at center ice of the spectrum...one of the great beatings in nhl history...or as gene put it "cochrane played the anvil chorus on brubakers head"

god i miss hockey in the 80's

Holy shtein, I totally remember that. I had a Hospodar jersey growing up. He was one of my favorites.

On the topic of Hart....  http://www.orangeandblack.net/features/memorial.htm

I wrote a memorial on this page as well.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

NGM

You might get a reprisal of the scoring Ice but anytime someone sneezes in the general vicinity of another player in the NHL now he's gonna feel a significant pinch in his wallet.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: NGM on October 05, 2005, 11:45:54 AM
You might get a reprisal of the scoring Ice but anytime someone sneezes in the general vicinity of another player in the NHL now he's gonna feel a significant pinch in his wallet.

I think the whole penalty thing is really being blown out of proportion.

After a couple of months, the players will begin to alter their games to AVOID the penalties and it will open up the game so much more.

NGM

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 05, 2005, 11:47:21 AM
Quote from: NGM on October 05, 2005, 11:45:54 AM

I think the whole penalty thing is really being blown out of proportion.

After a couple of months, the players will begin to alter their games to AVOID the penalties and it will open up the game so much more.

I meant more along the lines of fighting PG.  Since the whole Bertuzzi thing the NHL has taken a lot of shtein from media/pansie ass fans during the PC era.  Nevermind that NASCAR drivers intentionally wreck each other at 180+ mph,  its a cash cow.  DANG! 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: NGM on October 05, 2005, 11:55:00 AM
I meant more along the lines of fighting PG.  Since the whole Bertuzzi thing the NHL has taken a lot of shtein from media/pansie ass fans during the PC era.  Nevermind that NASCAR drivers intentionally wreck each other at 180+ mph,  its a cash cow.  DANG! 

Ahh, my bad. Isn't the only difference in the fighting thing is in the last 5 minutes of the game?

NGM

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 05, 2005, 11:57:52 AM
Quote from: NGM on October 05, 2005, 11:55:00 AM

Ahh, my bad. Isn't the only difference in the fighting thing is in the last 5 minutes of the game?

Yeah.  I just don't think fighting will be prevalent in the league anymore, as IGY so desperately yearns.

ice grillin you

it hasnt been prevalent since about 1991...you cant take away something that barely exists in the first place

fast fact: the last bench clearing brawl in the nhl was bwtn the flyers and islanders

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2005, 12:43:30 PM
it hasnt been prevalent since about 1991...you cant take away something that barely exists in the first place

fast fact: the last bench clearing brawl in the nhl was bwtn the flyers and islanders

Wait a minute, you can't ever forget what happened vs. the Sens! The link on the first post of this thread has expired but did you get to see it when it was up?

ice grillin you

im talking about a true bench clear...not a pre or post game brawl but during the game