FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 24, 2006, 07:45:14 PM
Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 07:41:42 PM
I'm very confident. I honestly can't see how we lose this series. OK Buffalo will probably go up 2-0 but they were at home. The Flyers have them beat by a talent standpoint on every position on the rosters. They just need to actually show up and play. They are the better team, but just not playing hard. The home crowd will get them back into it, and we'll go back to Buffalo tied 2-2, win it there, then come home and end it.

Book it. Teams sometimes don't respond until their backs are pinned to the wall. After tonight it will be.

1.  The Sabres have been the better team throughout the course of the season- especially head to head.
2.  The Sabres have speed, the Flyers do not.  In the post-lockout NHL, speed is more paramount than ever.
3.  Robert Esche is often like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.  You never quite know what you're going to get.  Tonight, Mr. Hyde is manning the net.

I said five, I'm not sure right now they even get the one win.

1. I disagree. The Flyers had injuries. If the Flyers stayed healthy throughout the season, we finish with a better record.

2. Sabres have some speed, but not as much as made out to have. Flyers also aren't as slow as made out to be. Physicality is most important in the playoffs, behind goalie play. It's a 7 game series grind. Speed is important, not paramount.

3. Esche is always great in the playoffs, and always has been for his short time here. He is that way in the regular season, but you know what you'll get in the playoffs, and it's greatness. If the team doesn't help him out like tonight, then that's a different story, but he gives his all and always shows up.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 07:47:35 PM
Your ignorance shows once again. You are the one in denial. The moment something goes wrong you give up. You are battered, beaten, and bitter. Why even watch the rest of the playoffs if the season is over? Why even watch the rest of the game?

No, your delusions of grandeur are nothing but pure ignorance. I turned the game off. Phils are on till 9 when 24 comes on.

2-0 is not over. We have 2 home games coming up. Esche is a true #1 goalie, and our defense is fine. We just need to get our heads into this series.

We have to take 4 out of the next 5 which includes 2 games in Buffalo. If you think Esche is a true #1, then your hockey knowledge is pathetic. Our Defense sucks, I hated it before the rule changes and now that Clarke failed to address team speed its coming back to haunt us. If our 'heads' aren't into this series at this point they never will be.

You've been the most pessimistic person on this board. Nothing but negativity comes out of your mouth. It's probably because you don't have the balls to put your heart into a team because you are afraid of being torn up. 2 home games left. It's 1-0 right now in the series, not 4-0.

Its called reality,  you should try visiting it some time. 

The BIGSTUD

Does it look good for the Flyers right now? Definitely not, but is it over? farg no. Seriously, grow a pair.

Reality, my ass. A team has never come back from being down 2-0 before? Please. If you want to believe the series is over, believe whatever the hell you want. But to call someone in denial when the series is factually not over, is pure stupidity.

If the Flyers are down 3-0 in the series and in game 4 are down 3-0 with a minute to go, then you say it's over. Until then, you really need to grow a pair.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

phattymatty

what do you know, i guess the sabres can play better than in game 1.  weird.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 07:50:32 PM
1. I disagree. The Flyers had injuries. If the Flyers stayed healthy throughout the season, we finish with a better record.

2. Sabres have some speed, but not as much as made out to have. Flyers also aren't as slow as made out to be. Physicality is most important in the playoffs, behind goalie play. It's a 7 game series grind. Speed is important, not paramount.

3. Esche is always great in the playoffs, and always has been for his short time here. He is that way in the regular season, but you know what you'll get in the playoffs, and it's greatness. If the team doesn't help him out like tonight, then that's a different story, but he gives his all and always shows up.

1. I completely disagree.
2. I'm beginning to think you're blind.
3. The first two goals I'll blame on the defense, the last 2 goals Esche should have had.

ice grillin you

seriously you people who watch hockey once a year when the flyers make the playoffs need to not speak anymore...everything i said today has come to fruition

esche wont play nearly as well as the other night - check

buffalo forwards will start to finish - check

buffalo pp will come alive - check

buffalo is a way better team - check

oh and someone find my post before the series started saying buffalo in five and one of the games would be a utter rout in the range of 6 or 8 to nothing

oops here it is...

unfortunately this reminds me a lot of 2001 when buffalo and the flyers met in the playoffs...except buffalo is faster and has more scoring...expect a series just like that one where buffalo skated circles around the flyers and beat them 4-2...this year it might not even be that close tho as the flyers are playing brutal hockey right now and buffalo is flying...just like 01 i also expect an ugly route at some point in this series much like the 7-0 pasting in the series finale

prediction buffalo 4-1

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2006, 08:00:18 PM
prediction buffalo 4-1

I originally said Buffalo in 6, but now I agree you're right.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 07:50:32 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 24, 2006, 07:45:14 PM
Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 07:41:42 PM
I'm very confident. I honestly can't see how we lose this series. OK Buffalo will probably go up 2-0 but they were at home. The Flyers have them beat by a talent standpoint on every position on the rosters. They just need to actually show up and play. They are the better team, but just not playing hard. The home crowd will get them back into it, and we'll go back to Buffalo tied 2-2, win it there, then come home and end it.

Book it. Teams sometimes don't respond until their backs are pinned to the wall. After tonight it will be.

1.  The Sabres have been the better team throughout the course of the season- especially head to head.
2.  The Sabres have speed, the Flyers do not.  In the post-lockout NHL, speed is more paramount than ever.
3.  Robert Esche is often like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.  You never quite know what you're going to get.  Tonight, Mr. Hyde is manning the net.

I said five, I'm not sure right now they even get the one win.

1. Head-to-Head, the Sabres won 3 of the 4 regular season games.
December 19: Buffalo 2, Flyers 1, OT
February 2:  Buffalo 4, Flyers 2
March 11:  Buffalo 6, Flyers 5
April 7:  Flyers 4, Buffalo 2
April 22:  Buffalo 3, Flyers 2, 2OT

I can't speak for injuries, and I'm sure the Flyers had more, but Buffalo had 9 more points (110 to 101) and 7 more wins (52 to 45) in the season.  That isn't just injuries.

2.  Don't think Buffalo is faster?  Re-watch the first period of tonight's game.

3.  Esche was good- in TWO PLAYOFF SEASONS.  He's not Martin Brodeur, who has earned the label of "Greatness."  He's 33-20 in the playoff for the Flyers, and 51-44 total.  Brodeur has won 84 playoff games, not to mention those (barf) two Cups.  Let's not attribute greatness to a goalie who has zero hardware, individually or team-wise.

I wish I could say I was more confident in the Flyers, but they just have not been consistent this year, particularly down the stretch.  Both goalies had rather lengthy streaks of less-than-stellar play, the Flyers are near the bottom in the league in penalty kill, and their team speed, particularly on defense, is non-existent.

At least the Phillies are winning tonight.  Probably the only thing allowing the stupid cat to live.  :paranoid

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2006, 08:00:18 PM
seriously you people who watch hockey once a year when the flyers make the playoffs need to not speak anymore...everything i said today has come to fruition

esche wont play nearly as well as the other night - check

Hey, I hardly watch any games, and I said the same thing.  Suck on that, Einstein.

Geowhizzer

Well, I won't be watching any more of the fiasco.  I was watching the TSN feed on Center Ice, and apparently TSN switched to the Rangers-Devils OLN feed.  :-D :'( :boom

MDS

what the hell? tsn? nice work, benedict arnold.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on April 24, 2006, 09:26:12 PM
what the hell? tsn? nice work, benedict arnold.

I watch what I have to to see the Flyers.

Until they stink up the joint and the station swtiches...  :boom

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

So who's not watching the rest of the series? Who doesn't got the stomach?  :P

MDS

theyre not winning the cup, let alone this series. the sooner you all get that through your heads the faster you can focus on the phillies and their frusturatingly inconsistant asses.