Hurricane Katrina Devastates The Gulf Coast.

Started by Rome, August 28, 2005, 10:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Big, garish red banner on CNN.com right now:

QuoteFEMA director Michael Brown being sent back to Washington; Homeland Security Director Chertoff to announce new leader for on-the-ground Katrina relief efforts, senior administration official tells CNN. Details soon.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Diomedes on September 09, 2005, 01:46:18 PM

QuoteFEMA director Michael Brown being sent back to Washington; Homeland Security Director Chertoff to announce new leader for on-the-ground Katrina relief efforts, senior administration official tells CNN. Details soon.

Someone announce a replacement for Chertoff as well please.

farging toolbag.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Diomedes on September 09, 2005, 01:46:18 PM

Bah...just a distraction by Bushco to draw attention away from Iraq.   :P
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Wingspan

QuoteGod Outdoes Terrorists Yet Again
September 7, 2005 | Issue 41•36

Louisiana National Guard Offers Help By Phone From Iraq

BAGHDAD—The 4,000 Louisiana National Guardsmen stationed in Iraq, representing over a third of the state's troops, called home this week to find out what, if any, help they could offer Katrina survivors from overseas. "The soldiers wanted to know if they could call 911 for anyone, or perhaps send some water via FedEx," said Louisiana National Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Pete Schneider. The Guardsmen also "would love to send generators, rations, and Black Hawk helicopters for rescue missions," but, said Schneider, "we desperately need these in Iraq to stay alive." Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld praised the phone support, but noted that it would take months to transfer any equipment from Iraq to New Orleans, saying, "You fight a national disaster with the equipment you have."

from the onion ;)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Phanatic on September 08, 2005, 05:35:36 PM
The Onion's headline is irreverent as usual.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/40305

God Outdoes Terrorists Yet Again
September 7, 2005 | Issue 41•36

Weird, I have a feeling this is going to be reposted.

Wingspan

once a thread goes 5-10 pages past my last reading point, i dont bother to catch up.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Diomedes

OMFG you guys, this is SO funny:

Quote from: Wingspan on September 09, 2005, 02:40:33 PM
once a thread goes 5-10 pages past my last reading point, i dont bother to catch up.

Yeah.  We noticed.  Now shut up.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

What is this The Onion you guys keep talking about?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Wingspan

Quote from: Diomedes on September 09, 2005, 02:44:54 PM
OMFG you guys, this is SO funny:

Quote from: Wingspan on September 09, 2005, 02:40:33 PM

Yeah.  We noticed.  Now shut up.

no thanks.

bush made me do it
Connection Problems

rjs246

Bush makes us all do a lot of stupid things.

I am KILLING with the obvious punchlines this week.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

Quote from: General_Failure on September 09, 2005, 02:53:51 PM
What is this The Onion you guys keep talking about?

you put it on salads and cheeseburgers
Connection Problems

Wingspan

here's a story of a little bit of progress in the area. which is good to hear.

i'm sorry, i dont know if this should go here since it's not pointing fingers at a politician somewhere?

Connection Problems

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 09, 2005, 09:00:30 AM
I know I'll sound like a Bush apologist here, but it should be noted that these kinds of government posts are quite often filled by under-qualified cronies of the President.  It doesn't excuse the ineptitude and risks of doing so, but it's been common practice in our government for 50+ years.  Hopefully, this will bite Bush in the ass and prevent future administrations from being so liberal (excuse the term) in handing out cushy government jobs to their buddies.

More like 250.  As long as we have HAD a government, this has happened.

SD_Eagle5