World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I'm in Salt Lake City. It's farging hot...100+ temps in the forecast. Not what I was expecting. Hanging here until Thursday and then going to Montana.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Freddie Mitchell was just in Salt Lake City. How upset are you that you missed him?

Sgt PSN

Other than struggling to find a reason to live, I'm ok with it.

Zanshin

DH

Montego Bay was nice. The Riu was OK - too many kids, but whatever.

We only went off the resort once to check out Nine Mile; the village where Bob Marley grew up and was laid to rest. That alone was one of the best experiences of my entire life.

Susquehanna Birder

My experience with the Riu in Cancun was good, but like you said, the kids were too much. I think they had some sort of local convention on the last full day we were there, because there was a ton of Mexicans - and Mexican kids - thrashing around in the pool, and wrecking the pool bar vibe.

That's one reason that we tend to book adults-only places any more.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

DH

I'm pretty sure I saw an old couple do it in the ocean. Old guy enters the water in speedos, followed by older lady...they go as far out as they can, and I saw that all too familiar motion of old dinosaur sex.

Then I learned, it is not ok to crank one out on a public beach. Live and learn, I guess.

Seabiscuit36

It's encourage at Hedonism.  FF has been going for 12 years, just for the Rippin and the Tearing
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

LOL

Just for the record, but "adults only," I mean "no kids," not "run around nekkid and farg ont he beach."

I did stay at a Sandals resort a while back that was right next to Hedonism II, and I almost talked over to see what it was like...but I was afraid that seeing all the old, wrinkly asses would shatter my fantasies.

phattymatty

After going to a few adults-only resorts over the last few years, I will never go anywhere where kids are allowed again.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on July 06, 2012, 10:52:00 AM
LOL

Just for the record, but "adults only," I mean "no kids," not "run around nekkid and farg ont he beach."

I did stay at a Sandals resort a while back that was right next to Hedonism II, and I almost talked over to see what it was like...but I was afraid that seeing all the old, wrinkly asses would shatter my fantasies.

My dad and I went by on a sailboat, and lets say some was worth looking at, most wasnt.  But the hilarity factor was off the charts.  And Matty is right, i'd never consider going to a resort that allowed kids unless i had my own there. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

I don't understand people who want to bring their kids to a resort. Way to totally defeat the purpose of a vacation. If you want to go on a family vacation rent a beach house or go to farging Disney World. Don't fly to a tourist destination and pay for the brats to travel and stay with you. What the farg?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

kids are the worst.  it's time we all admit it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.