Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Oh I forgot, you like to act ignorant.  Only elitist hipsters bother to spell correctly.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

i don't remember much from nashville except the bar we went to whose bouncer looked like brett michaels.

i'm gonna be in charleston, SC for a few days for work next week. i hear it's a cool little city but i've never been before.

Sgt PSN

Charleston is great.  I doubt you'll be sober enough (or even if you are sober, interested enough) but check out The Citadel campus if the mood strikes.  It's pretty cool. 

ice grillin you

someone stop me..............

im back thru the system with the riff raff again....half a mill for bail cause im african

MDS

i liked charleston when i was there, their bbq is shtein compared to texas but its a nice town with plenty of bars, black people and southern women.

the airport, though, has the feel of 1994. youll know it when you see it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on October 14, 2011, 12:31:31 PM
i liked charleston when i was there, their bbq is shtein compared to texas but its a nice town with plenty of bars, black people and southern women.

the airport, though, has the feel of 1994. youll know it when you see it.

I was there in 1999, it had a bunch of rocking chairs.

DH

Nashville is a very cool city..closest thing to New Orleans that I've seen - live music all over, street performers, homeless 18 year olds, etc.

Oh, and the Vandy female student population gets an A+.

Sgt PSN

You should check out Memphis sometime. Beale St is like a mini Bourbon St.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SunMo

so i'm part of a wedding party in which the groom wants to go to Nola for his bachelor party in september.

this is somewhat annoying to me because i was planning on going there for the Eagles game and i'm sure i won't be lucky enough to be there the right weekend.

flight prices are like $200 right now round trip.  i probably can't do better than that right or should I wait?

where do i want to get the hotel?  French Quarter where all the action is or downtown?

any other tips or thoughts are appreciated.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

The French Quarter is part of the downtown landscape.  If you're downtown NO, you're probably not going to be more than a few blocks away from the FQ.  I stayed at Harrah's about 10 years ago which was a quick cab ride or a long walk (maybe 15 min) to Bourbon St.  A few years ago I stayed at the Omni in the FQ, which was like a block away from Bourbon St. 

SunMo

the reason i seperated french quarter and downtown is because they are seperate hotel areas on priceline.  but i see what you're saying
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

email/call clint....hes steady goin there on business