World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 01, 2010, 08:37:52 PM
Quote from: shorebird on November 01, 2010, 05:57:56 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 01, 2010, 04:02:24 PM
Speaking of Vegas, Squaw and I stopped off for a couple hours on our way back from Nashville so we could walk around and stretch our legs a bit and decided to check out the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop from Pawn Stars. It was small, crowded, kind of dingy looking and not really full of items they feature on the show.  Mostly just full of jewelry that's been pawned by degenerate gamblers over the years and not much else.

What probably happens is that the stuff you see on the shows gets sold to collectors. They probably have a list of buyers for some of the big money stuff they purchase.

That's probably true in most cases.  But I did see a couple of really expensive items in the shop that he purchased on the show.

The 2 things that I thought were most disappointing was how small the place was, because the camera angles make it look pretty big on tv.  And there was a lot of space being taken up by merchandise from the show.  The place isn't that big to begin with but they've probably got a quarter of the available floor space being taken up with racks of I Heart Chumley t-shirts.  I mean, I get it that they've got merchandise to sell now but this was a lot of overkill imo. 

The other thing was that I was expecting the place to kind of break the mold of pawn shops in terms of appearance.  I figured with the amount of high dollar business they do that the store would be a little nicer looking all around.  But most of the display cases were really beat up and they really had a lot of junk items on display.  In other words, I didn't think I was going to walk into "just another pawn shop" but that's really all it is. 

Could you maybe describe it again?

PoopyfaceMcGee

All this shtein belongs in the TV thread.  Flags.

PoopyfaceMcGee

failed to realize that the final table of the WSOP main event is being played this weekend... hell, the Rio doesn't even list it on their calendar of events... thus, I am assuming that it is a closed event and will have little to no effect on the quality of the poker competition

true, or false?

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

lurking wierdo

PoopyfaceMcGee

Getting on the plane in 10 minutes.  What up, Hentz?

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just ran into FredEx at Paris.  Was with a tasty skinny white bitch.

PhillyPhreak54

lol at your namesake being there the same time as you.

MDS

so i guess were getting the pbp this weekend
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 06, 2010, 06:52:22 PM
Just ran into FredEx at Paris.  Was with a tasty skinny white bitch.

Were you sporting your #84 jersey or is that sort of thing only stylish when you visit foreign places like Machu Picchu

PhillyPhreak54

Pfft. 84 jersey's aren't stylish anywhere.

54 on the other hand...free to be pimped anywhere.

lurking wierdo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 06, 2010, 11:34:16 PM
Pfft. 84 jersey's aren't stylish anywhere.

54 on the other hand...free to be pimped anywhere.
Brandon Graham?

Diomedes

Trotter.

We've been doing this circle jerk for more than a decade, wierdo: we have more inside "jokes" than Carter has liver pills.

I'm warning you, get out while you can.  And good riddance.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger