Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Quote from: SD on November 09, 2011, 08:48:36 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on November 05, 2011, 02:05:32 PM
No burritos but SD is dead on about the game...it's pretty kickass

Great game but even with the waypoint thingy on the map it's hard finding entrance points to places and figuring out what your objective is at times. I find myself googling a lot of shtein rather than roaming aimlessly around Arkham City.

I've had to google more shtein than I care to admit, but I still think it's a great game.

First person shooters can go farg themselves so no Modern Warfare for me and the only GoWs worth a shtein are the God Of War games.

Feva

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 10, 2011, 09:11:45 AM

Great game but even with the waypoint thingy on the map it's hard finding entrance points to places and figuring out what your objective is at times. I find myself googling a lot of shtein rather than roaming aimlessly around Arkham City.

I've had to google more shtein than I care to admit, but I still think it's a great game.

First person shooters can go farg themselves so no Modern Warfare for me and the only GoWs worth a shtein are the God Of War games.

Amen.

What the hell was there to Google in that game, tho?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Tomahawk

A couple of the riddler trophies, where the second stupid body was in the deadshot sidequest, a couple of other little things I can't remember and probably could've figured out if I was more patient/less stoned

Munson

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 10, 2011, 09:11:45 AM

False Sir! FALSE!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Skyrim's out now. Certainly looks a lot better than Fallout 3, New Vegas, and especially Oblivion. Combat is still full of accidentally dismembering friendlies, though.

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Hawk

I just picked skyrim up.   I never played the others but just spent an hour creating an orange haired orc.

hbionic

Skyrim looks dope.

I have too many addictions to add that one to the list.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

The map pack that gears released goes to Multiplayer on Thanksgiving, and they're also releasing two more maps for free, from Gears 1....Bullet Marsh and Clocktower :yay :yay :yay
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mussa

I am def diggin on Battlefield 3. It's refreshing to have a new FPS game to learn and get good at rather than do the same thing year after year ala COD. Hit me up on xbox live if any of you have it
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

reese125

I think that's pretty cool he figured out how to beat the game 25 years later.

And I called...it's Mussa's number.

SD

Finished Arkham City which may be GOTY. Great game. Did a bunch of the side quests afterwards such as the Madhatter, some of the Riddler (too many trophies and crap to complete), Bane and the Titan canisters, Mr. Freeze and Nora, and Catwomen and getting her loot back among others.

Just got the new Assasins Creed in the mail (Best Buy Black Friday deal for $35). Might start that tomorrow.

Feva

Quote from: SD on December 07, 2011, 08:51:56 PM
Finished Arkham City which may be GOTY. Great game. Did a bunch of the side quests afterwards such as the Madhatter, some of the Riddler (too many trophies and crap to complete), Bane and the Titan canisters, Mr. Freeze and Nora, and Catwomen and getting her loot back among others.

Just got the new Assasins Creed in the mail (Best Buy Black Friday deal for $35). Might start that tomorrow.

Arkham City was incredible. There's so much to that game, it's ridiculous. I agree though, WAAAY too many Riddler trophies to grab throughout the game. I just ended up watching the Riddler ending on YouTube. Gotta say, if I had gone through all the trouble to get all of the trophies and other stuff, I woulda been pissed at the small payoff. The best payoff of the side missions that I came across was Hush. (The murder victims with their faces cut off.)

Uncharted 3 will take GOTY though... easy.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Zanshin

Arkham City was fun...my son has been playing the crap out of it.

And thanks to some good deals, I'm suddenly awash in video games. Gamefly had a $12 off code on two used games, so I was able to pick up Bulletstorm and the new Red Faction game for a grand total of $3, including shipping. Then EA had a half off deal last week, so I was able to get NHL 12 and Fight Night Champion for a total of $35. And I picked up NBA 2K11 for $7. Good game, but I'm finding it tough to consistently get the jump shot timing down.

Gamestop is having a deal this week for anyone interested...for every three games you trade in, you get an extra $10 bonus. I decided that while it seems like a good idea at the time to keep good games with the thought that I'll play them again...I never do. So, I packed up some old games like Madden 10, Madden 11, NHL 10, Dead Space, Grand Theft Auto 4, Force Unleashed and few others I don't even remember, and ended up getting about $70 back.