Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

started playing it last night. i think its cool so far. challenging. i don't think it's the best graphics ive seen in a game so far...bioshock and cod4 had the best ive seen so far on 360. ill post another review after playing it for sometime.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Dillen

Yeah, so...I got a refurbished 360 in the mail today. It took like 2 or 3 weeks.

Zanshin

Quote from: mussa on December 23, 2007, 07:12:52 PM
bought Assassin's Creed the other day and ended up taking it back cause my girl got it for me for xmas. so i exchanged it for the orange box. played half life 2 for awhile and its pretty cool. def not a next gen game, but decent. havn't tried the other 2 games yet. so im getting Assassin's Creed and MX vs ATV Untamed for xmas.

That's funny-- I got two CoD4s for Christmas, so I exchanged one for Orange Box based on word of mouth.  I haven't opened it yet-- since you've played it, would you keep Orange Box or exchange it for something else? 

If it helps, the only other games I have are Madden 08, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, NHL 07, Arcade Unplugged, Gears of War, Project Gotham Racing 3, Tiger Woods 07 and some cheap X-men 3 game my wife picked up on the cheap as a stocking stuffer.  Never played any of the half-life series.

Zanshin

Oh, as an aside, I also got the wireless headset, and I like it-- it bothered me to be tethered by a wire to the wireless controller.

Seabiscuit36

Orange box is another shooter, if i were you i would get Assasin's Creed just to have a diff type of game. 

So Death From Above on COD4 gave me a boner, how friggin amazing is that 40mm cannon
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

Don't exchange the orange box for anything. Play it and enjoy it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Zanshin on December 26, 2007, 07:32:19 PM
Never played any of the half-life series.

Half Life is one of the best shooters out there. The magnet gun is possibly the greatest weapon in video game history.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Dillen

Quote from: SD_Eagle on December 26, 2007, 10:15:06 PM
Half Life is one of the best shooters out there. The magnet gun is possibly the greatest weapon in video game history.
The rail driver in Red Faction was pretty fargin awesome.

mussa

meh the orange box is so-so. im a few levels deep into half-life two...nothing special about it...it seems like a last generation game. maybe once i get into it more, it will get better. it got great reviews so...im going to keep playing it. plus the 2nd and 3rd episodes are supposed to be great. havn't tried portal or that other shooting game.

i would recommend assassins creed...graphics are great, and the gameplay is pretty good. im hooked.

o few of my friends said conan the barbarian is good. i played it alittle at a buddies and it reminded me of god of war or devil may cry type of game. i prob won't buy it, maybe pick it up used down the line.

COD4 is still my favorite out of all the new games i got. Online play is so fun. I will recommend though once you get to level 55...don't go to prestige mode...you lose all your weapons and perks and start over, just have a updated logo next to your name. its not worth it. i was getting 15-25 kills a match and now im lucky to get 15 or 20 on a good day without some of the perks.

what gun do you guys use on multiplayer? i started off with m4...now im a die hard on the m16.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

I went online twice so far on CoD4...and I flat-out suck.  I'm pretty good at Halo 3 online, but CoD4 is way harder.  Feels like I need to shoot a guy a thousand times to get a kill, and I get one shot and out.  I need to play more to get it to slow down a bit.

mussa

yup just like halo at first...you'll suck, but you get better. and as you progress you get better perks. when you get to carry 3 grenades...you can do a lot of damage

Seabiscuit36

I havent even tried getting online yet, trying to hone my skills on single player

Zanshin

Man....just playing some of the  Call of Duty 4 story...this game is outstanding.

Seabiscuit36

the Ghillie mission is awesome