Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Beats the hell out of me.  Maybe the sixth or seveth level.  It's the one where you have to work your way through a forest to disable some anti air thing.

Zanshin

More information than anyone needs...but that describes about every post on this board.  Anyway, I beat the level-- weird thing; I kept sniping dudes then jumping into the fray from my sniping spot...which is when a ton of bad guys came from every nook and cranny to blast me.  So, after dying that way too many times, I drove a Ghost back around to level ground.  When I got to level ground that way instead of jumping, a bunch of soldiers on my side came down from the sky to lend a hand.  Pretty easy with help.

mussa

wow. to be young and rich. what a life
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare comes out today. Supposed to be awesome. Anyone picking it up?

I'm thinking of picking that up or SKATE. Downloaded the demo for SKATE and its really cool. Def. more realistic than Tony Hawks series. Anyone have SKATE that could recommend it?
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

Seabiscuit36

I picked up Ace Combat 6, its badass
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on November 06, 2007, 11:20:21 AM
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare comes out today. Supposed to be awesome. Anyone picking it up?

IGN gave it a 9.4. The few in game trailers I saw looked amazing.

I put it on my b-day/christmas wish list along with Assasins Creed and Mass Effect.

mussa

just watched a few vids. looks too good to not get

chuck_chillout

I picked it up for the ps3.  I've also been playing the hell out of warhawk, it's a pretty good little game.
Madden Football League

Dillen

I'm thinking of picking that up or SKATE. Downloaded the demo for SKATE and its really cool. Def. more realistic than Tony Hawks series. Anyone have SKATE that could recommend it?
I have it. I like it a lot. If you don't/didn't skateboard in real life then you probably won't like it.

mussa

picked up both for 70 bucks. traded in 3 games. gonna test them out later tonight

mussa

Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat - Wow from the moment the game fires up its awesome. Its just amazing how far games have come and this game is a great example. Almost like being in a movie. Gameplay is top notch and the battles are intense. As far as I know you switch back between a British SAS soldier and a US Marine in campaign mode. Probably the coolest level I played so far was when you were the plane with a howlitzer, a 40mm cannon and a 122mm canon, sticking out the side. All you saw was a birds eye view from a solar camera. Saw the bad guys come in and running and you just nailed them, with any of the 3 weapons you wanted. it was just like the real thing. little white figures running and then exploding. ive yet to try xbox live yet, but this has got to be the best first person shooter ive played yet.

SKATE: Very cool. I think it blows away Tony Hawk series. A game almost like GTA, where you can go anywhere and do whatever if you like for hrs or try to complete challenges. Controls really make this game fun and what its all about.

rjs246

This thread makes me want to never ever play video games ever again.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.