Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

God of War? Anyone play that yet?  Looks good.

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

hbionic

I like the commercial.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD_Eagle5

Bought Revenge of the Sith today and it's farging awesome! The game play and action is intense. Only problem is, I've only been playing it for an hour or two and I'm already on the 5th mission (there's 16 or so). There's a ton of footage from the new film too!  :yay

Don Ho

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 06, 2005, 08:26:04 PM
Bought Revenge of the Sith today and it's farging awesome! The game play and action is intense. Only problem is, I've only been playing it for an hour or two and I'm already on the 5th mission (there's 16 or so). There's a ton of footage from the new film too!  :yay

SD:

We bought it yesterday.  Fricken amazing.  I usually only play sports games so I can let out my aggression when there is no surf.  My son let me play for about five minutes last night.  Incredible graphics on Xbox version.  You're right it seemed like I was moving along with out a hitch and I really had no idea what I was doing.  Still a cool game.

Up until 1:00 AM last night playing MVP Baseball.  Lost to the Cubs twice 4-2 and 1-0.  Damn!!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD_Eagle5

I played for a couple hours this morning and am already on Mission 12. Only 4 more to go  :-\ I gave it a rest so I could watch the Bums

Once I finish I will undoubetdly play it again. Probably the best X-Box game I've played in sometime. KOTOR 2 was a huge disappointment to me, but this game more than makes up for it  :yay

I can't wait for this farging movie!  :crazy

Don Ho

My old company represents M&M Mars in Hawaii and the woman who is the Hawaii Business Manager is renting out a local theater on Saturday Morning May 21.  It's a private screening for her customers and VIP's. as M&M's is behind this movie big time.   My son and I were invited but it's going to be hard waiting two days after the premier.

Oh shtein - Charlie out to the mound :paranoid
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD_Eagle5

Unfortunately I'll be out to sea till the 21st and have duty once we pull in. So I won't be able to see it till the 22nd at the earliest  :-\

I love the M&Ms commercial with Vader.  :-D :yay

General_Failure

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 07, 2005, 04:13:05 PM
I played for a couple hours this morning and am already on Mission 12. Only 4 more to go :-\ I gave it a rest so I could watch the Bums

Once I finish I will undoubetdly play it again. Probably the best X-Box game I've played in sometime. KOTOR 2 was a huge disappointment to me, but this game more than makes up for it :yay

I can't wait for this farging movie! :crazy

Pick up Jade Empire. You'll like it.*

*persons with mental problems may not like it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD_Eagle5

Finished Revenge of the Sith and I must say it was the best X-Box game I've played since HALO 2. farging amazing! Loved every moment of it. I'll probably start a new game and go into the bonus levels tomorrow (Way to waste a Sunday).

Quote from: General_Failure on May 07, 2005, 11:22:17 PM

There are 3 games I'm waiting to find used: Jade Empire, Star Wars Republic Commando, and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. I have to stop shelling out $50 every time a new game I want hits the shelves. I've admittedly got slight mental problems, but I think I'll still like it  :)

General_Failure

I knew it! I just looked at the credits, and the voice of the Emperor in Jade Empire is the guy who played Quark on Deep Space 9! Armin Shimerman and John Cleese in one game, I think I'm going to go wet myself now.

General_Failure

And for no particular reason, I'd like to share this image of Radiant Jen Zi. :)

Why is the camera so far above her and looking down? Why does she have that grin plastered all over her face? I just don't know.

mussa

Quote from: General_Failure on May 08, 2005, 03:54:27 AM
And for no particular reason, I'd like to share this image of Radiant Jen Zi. :)

Why is the camera so far above her and looking down? Why does she have that grin plastered all over her face? I just don't know.

LOL--hows the game? i saw a trailor for it in the movie theatre--looks awesome
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Don Ho

Quote from: mussa on May 08, 2005, 02:08:49 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on May 08, 2005, 03:54:27 AM

SCHWING!!!!!!  Looks like an island babe!

Don Ho

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 07, 2005, 11:34:56 PM
Finished Revenge of the Sith and I must say it was the best X-Box game I've played since HALO 2. farging amazing! Loved every moment of it. I'll probably start a new game and go into the bonus levels tomorrow (Way to waste a Sunday).

Quote from: General_Failure on May 07, 2005, 11:22:17 PM

There are 3 games I'm waiting to find used: Jade Empire, Star Wars Republic Commando, and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. I have to stop shelling out $50 every time a new game I want hits the shelves. I've admittedly got slight mental problems, but I think I'll still like it  :)

I hear you!  Nothng worse than shelling out $50 and finding out the game sucks.  My son and I could write a book on this subject.  Thank god for stores like Game Stop.  I can handle used games.

SD - did you ever play Conflict Vietnam?  My wife rented it for my son while I was on the mainland for business.  She was in the other room when he started playing on Xbox.  First thing my wife here's from the TV is "Watch your fire mother@#$#%!"  Of course my son is cracking up.  My wife ran in and took the game right out.  She wanted to see if my son liked it enough to buy as it was on his xmas list.  I played it when I got home.  I only got so far but it was a cool game.  Language was intense - nothing my son doesn't here when I am watching the birds, bums or sixers.

General_Failure

Quote from: mussa on May 08, 2005, 02:08:49 PM

Basically, it's Kung Fu KOTOR. The combat is kinda similar to Fable, but it's a whole lot more fun than Fable was.