The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I thought he shrunk big time in the finals...and he is not worth a max deal, but yeah with them paying Ibaka they cannot afford another deal like that.

Kevin Martin is a nice player and may fit them better than Harden. Throw in two lottery picks and that is indeed impressive

reese125

I actually completely disagree with igy's assessment of Harden about being limited and have a problem with Martins game.

Martin scores in bunches-especially being the focal point of an offense and jacking the rock up 25 times a game, but provides very little in any other category. What I liked about Harden is he proved to be clutch in plenty of games, can score, drives the lane with authority, can board down low and has solid hands.

I think they'll miss him.

ice grillin you

martin is nothing special but either is harden....they got rid of a guy they couldnt/didnt want to resign...and got some really good picks for him....WIN
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

They offered him 4/54 and he said no.

One thing I didn't know about Harden that I read in a Simmons column was he emailed Sam Presti and asked to be picked by OKC because he was tired of being the guy (when at Az St) and wanted to be a role player/3rd best guy.

That kind of rubs me the wrong way a bit. And maybe that's why he struggled when Westbrook and Durant were on lock in the Finals - he lacks the killer instinct?

ice grillin you

he cant shoot or dribble....he has some natural scorer in him but hes so limited because he is so unathletic...and if thats the case you better have a shot to make up for it...and he doesnt

reese125

disagree with this on so my levels

phattymatty

lol james harden can't shoot?

what?

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I'm not sure what igy's talking about there.  Harden has a pretty sweet stroke.  I agree with him not being overly athletic but the guy can shoot.  He's definitely a streaky shooter, but who isn't? 

ice grillin you

yeah no he doesnt have a "sweet stroke"....he makes a decent amount of threes because of open looks due to playing with durant but hes way under 40% from beyond

hes a bad shooter....his game is being crafty and he can body undersized defenders but lol at him being a shooter

ice grillin you

reese125

the nonathletic, zesty ass dribbler and shooter Harden only had 37 points, 12 assists and grabs six rebounds tonight

Eagles_Legendz

yeah i wish i could have seen some of that game.  nbatv is money.  here's hoping LAL goes all out eddie jordan again tonight and scores 85 points so full on panic starts early.

PhillyPhreak54

The panic is already creeping in since they're losing to the Blazers right now. ESPN did a hit about whats up with the Lakers.

DH

Mike Brown might not make it through this season

phattymatty

saw some unexpected faces on teams while watching games last night. seems like every vet in the league went to the clippers this year. plus somehow willie green is still in the league. and oj mayo on the mavs? forgot about that.