What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

yeah its terrible.....even worse than iron flag...wu tang has sucked since their second album and even that album gets worse with time....by the end of it all their career as a whole unit will be 36 chambers and nothing more

check out the new ghostface....its not great or anything but its very listenable and one billion times better than that junk ass wu tang "effort"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

yeah i have it...only listened once but seems solid. even though he puts out like 2 a year they're always listenable.

i'm actually really liking the new M.O.P. EP too.

SunMo

my buddy is a big hiphop head and likes to write about it.  He's actually self-published a few books on it.  He wrote this about his best 10 albums of 2014.

He's a huge Wu-Tang fan and he can't even justify A Better Tomorrow.  He like Ghost's album though.

His number 1 was Your Old Droog's album...it started listening to it on Spotify and it's not horrible.

https://medium.com/@pierzy/my-favorite-hip-hop-albums-of-2014-f7e4c24adc47

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

i had on some best hip-hop of 2014 playlist on iTunes yesterday. holy shtein what a terrible time for music. embarrassing that it's popular right now.

ice grillin you

yeah its unbelievably bad....the emcees suck too but even if they didn't its really hard to make good hip hop when you cant/dont sample

Munson

Could just be a case of "getting old", but I swear even the "bad" radio rap when I was a teenager was at least still fun to dance/sing along to. I haven't listened to the radio at all lately but the shtein I hear my students singing/rapping sounds awful.

White people sure do like saying "stillupfront's mom" these days.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

i thought maybe it was on repeat because like 5 songs in a row all sounded the same. it's all whiny bullshtein whack ass singing.

like this was one of the best songs of the year according to iTunes. what the farg is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGt_JGHYEO4

phattymatty

actually the first time in my life i felt out of touch with pop culture music and i'm happy about it.

PhillyPhreak54

That's awful. I listened for 40 seconds

General_Failure

Metal doesn't have this problem, mainly because it doesn't change. Sub-genres come and go, but in the last two years Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC, and Motorhead have all released new albums. And they still sound how they did when Rome was young.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

The charts have been horrendous for a while. Basically all it takes to be #1 these days is for 100,000 14 year-olds to listen to your shtein. It's a problem because we share less culture in common, and advertisers/soundtrack makers aren't sure how to deal with a situation where 1% of the population knows the "most popular" music and everyone else listens to their favorite subgenre from 1987 on Spotify. And music is less of a force in popular culture because people share less of the same language. But in a way, that loss is less relevant too because we can go online and listen to whatever the farg we want rather than be trapped listening to the radio or whatever we stumble across at a friend's house or at the store.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: General_Failure on December 28, 2014, 09:45:34 PM
Metal doesn't have this problem, mainly because it doesn't change. Sub-genres come and go, but in the last two years Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC, and Motorhead have all released new albums. And they still sound how they did when Rome was young.

ice grillin you

been listening to the new d'angelo album for a couple weeks now....best album ive heard in quite a while

Diomedes

Yeah, all the white hipster blogs love it too.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

You can just say blogs, the rest is implied.

The man. The myth. The legend.