The Bounty Bowl Clip

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 24, 2006, 11:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 25, 2006, 01:02:03 PM
Toast Jenkins getting burned by Rice (1989, week 3, 38-28 loss)

I remember that game the Eagles were winning and Montana and company came back to win.  That is actually one of the first games that I remember really well.  That and of course the "Fog Bowl".
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

so was he speeding or showboating?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Both, you really should've seen it.  Powersliding this way and that.  It was awesome.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 25, 2006, 01:02:03 PM
Toast Jenkins getting burned by Rice (1989, week 3, 38-28 loss)

Ha.  I got married the day before that game.  The Eagles were destroying the Niners until Joe Montana took over.

Good God.

As for the original clip, I loved how Reggie White came in and calmed Gogan down after Gogan started his Too Tall Jones impression.  Reggie would have snapped that freak in two.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

pinoyboy2pt0

Man, Jerome just made Gogan is bitch.  That ruled.
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagaholic

Seabiscuit, thanks for that. I used to have a bookmark for the Eagles and Bears 46 playbook but the link at some point became inactive.

That was some shtein back in the day and the scheme shows some interesting points. One being that people think of Reggie White as a DE but he often lined up inside as a DT over the guard or in the A gap like a 3-4 DE, which makes the numbers he put up all the more amazing. There were 2 outside LBs that lined up next to each other at the LOS and outside the LDE, and the SS basically lined up as a LB but took on an offensive lineman, which would help explain Andre Waters' concussions and brain damage (Terry Hoage also did this).

I always felt the Ben Smith injury and botched rehab was a key loss for that D and they always seemed to be one good defensive back away from completing the puzzle. It is said that Walsh and the WCO was the death knell for the 46, but there were often close games between the schemes and the Eagles narrowly lost to the Niners and a 4th quarter Montana come back (due in part to a bad spot near the end of the game irrc) with both schemes at their peak in '89. Interestingly, that D got better statistically after the loss of Jerome Brown and with the arrival of Kotite as HC, though that was probably in large part due to Bud Carson (should be a HOFer imo). 

Don Ho

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 21, 2009, 08:08:58 PM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2941772/1990-Philadeliphia-Eagles-46-Buddy-Ryan

Buddy Ryan's playbook

Weren't you impressed with the Hawaii/Notre Dame playbook I shared with you in December?  Incomplete pass, sack, incomplete, punt game plantook weeks of planning.

Have a Primo with your bro while he's in town.  Surf's been firing.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.