First/Memorable Eagles Game Experience

Started by mussa, December 23, 2005, 10:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on December 23, 2005, 07:58:55 PM
Plus, that was Donovan's first NFL TD pass.

I still get pissed off about Jim Mora challenging that play.  The game was over.  Let it go.  :boo 

I know I went to games as a little kid but I don't remember who the were playing or what the score was.  I just remember they were playing football.  But the first game I have clear memories of is the Eagles/Vikings in 1985.  Those asshats blew a 20some point halftime lead.  I thought they sucked back then.  At least that team had halftime leads to blow.  ;)

MDS

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on December 23, 2005, 07:49:25 PM
I don't really remember watching the Eagles at Franklin Field much.  The drives down North Broad Street in the late 60's were more interested to a kid from Jenkintown.

jenkintown is my back yard. where did you live there? ever go to the merlin theatre? ha.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

My first game was the Eagles/Cowboys snowball game when the other Jimmy Johnson got pegged in the face with a snowball.  I also saw a Cowboys fan get pissed on and another stood up and gave everybody the finger and got pelted with about 20 snowballs.  I believe they Eagles won 27-0
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Cerevant

The day I became an  Eagle fan was during the Super Bowl run in 1980.  I don't remember which game (I was 10 at the time), but I remember someone breaking a long run for a touchdown and jumping up and down with my dad, high-fiving and shouting "we're number one".

Flash forward to the first game I went to: Buddy's last game, that playoff nightmare vs. Washington.  It was a proud moment for me, because I had bought the tickets and brought my dad to the game.  (MMH was there too)
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

MadMarchHare

Yeah, I remember your dad and your not-so-future father-in-law thinking I was the quiet type in the car.

Guess I fixed that misconception. :-D
Anyone but Reid.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on December 25, 2005, 08:31:27 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on December 23, 2005, 07:49:25 PM
I don't really remember watching the Eagles at Franklin Field much.  The drives down North Broad Street in the late 60's were more interested to a kid from Jenkintown.

jenkintown is my back yard. where did you live there? ever go to the merlin theatre? ha.

We lived on Hillside Avenue until we moved to Sea Isle when I was like 10 or so.

Hillside is like a block away from the train station & Benson East Apartments (condos now I think?).

Here's a map (right at the corner of Florence & Hillside)...

Jenkintown was a great place to grow up.  I often wonder how my life would have turned out if we stayed there instead of moving down the shore.

Yeti

1980 Birds vs Cowboys.  First game.  Had a rich friend and his dad gave us tickets behind the Eagles bench.  I saw people lighting garbage cans on fire in the 700 level and then dumping them over the rail.  Thats when I knew I was sitting in the wrong section.  I have fonder memorys of the 700 level then the games of the late 80's early 90's.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

MURP

First game I went to was a preseason game which was pretty boring as usual.  In fact, I cant even remember the specific year it was or if it was against the Falcons or Vikings.   The only thing I do remember is going down to the lower level later in the game and sitting next to some 60 year old mullet guy who handed us the his binoculars to get a better look at the cheerleaders.   First non preseason game I saw was a night game against the Cowturds in '98.  Eagles got killed 34-0 that night.  The were two memorable things about that game: Praying Deion Sanders would die on the field and seeing a bunch of Cowturd fans wearing Jay Novacek jerseys being doused in beer and then subsequently ejected.  ha.