Fletcher Smith vs. ProFootballTalk

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 25, 2005, 09:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

For me, I like to have the sound one of two ways:

1.  Muted

2.  Loud enough so I can hear it.

I hate it when someone has the sound on, but "turns it down" so that they can have conversations during the game.

I had a Super Bowl party, and people kept asking me to turn down the sound.  I said that the party was to watch the game, not to play charades or compare cookie recipies.

Didn't help that the Eagles were losing.  Didn't help my mood one bit.  :boom

SunMo

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 25, 2005, 12:27:09 PM
For me, I like to have the sound one of two ways:

1.  Muted

2.  Loud enough so I can hear it.

I hate it when someone has the sound on, but "turns it down" so that they can have conversations during the game.

I had a Super Bowl party, and people kept asking me to turn down the sound.  I said that the party was to watch the game, not to play charades or compare cookie recipies.

Didn't help that the Eagles were losing.  Didn't help my mood one bit.  :boom

you're reaction was tame in my mind.  if someone asked me that during the Super Bowl when the Eagles are playing, there's gonna be trouble.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

The only problem with having satellite is you cant just Mute the announcers and listen to 94.1 because of the Delay
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

RezRob

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 25, 2005, 12:49:49 PM
The only problem with having satellite is you cant just Mute the announcers and listen to 94.1 because of the Delay

What they need is an alternative audio track just like the way they do SAP except call it FAP and just have Stadium play by play audio track, no Buck/Aikmen Maden/etc  :yay
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

WEST is GOD

You could definitely tell Westbrook was pissed when he repeated the same answer twice. I knew a question about the contract was coming, but I was hoping it wouldn't. I've had enough of contract talks for this offseason. Papa was trying to break the big story like someone said, because the low budget news stations never break any big stories in sports, so he was going for the gold and fell flat on his face. If he actually thought he was going to get some "exclusive info" then he is a complete idiot.

That's why I never get when 50 different reporters ask people the same question when they know they are going to get the same answer. Then reporters get real cocky and when they get a player one-on-one they think they can crack him and get some exclusive info. It isn't happening. Get over yourselves.

I remember last year, and I like Vai, but he reported on WIP that he had a sit down with Andy Reid and he said Andy said him and TO's personalities would clash. Then as soon as he broke the story everyone is like: Well that's that, TO is not coming here. You have to be stupid and have a pretty big ego if you think Andy is going to give anything away about his offseason plans, especially to a lowly news sports reporter who can break the story any time. This year Vai blows the TO "is going to pull a prank" story. That's 0/2 Vai. Better get to work. But hey, that is what happens when the news sports guys try to break stories. I only listen to CSN, ESPN, ESPNews, PFT sometimes, and a few others.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

rjs246

At least that one was broken up a little by paragraph. Still way too long though. No one cares that much, dude.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

RezRob

Nothing can stop the fire except penicilin... >:D
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

bobbyinlondon

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 25, 2005, 09:49:14 AM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on August 25, 2005, 09:47:34 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 25, 2005, 09:42:46 AM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on August 25, 2005, 09:37:36 AM
Al Morganti said on WIP this morning that he thought Pappa was forced to ask the question by a producer in his ear, just from the way he was stumbling on the queston.

Either way, it's a joke that he got in trouble.  You're not supposed to ask a player about the biggest issue surrounding him?  Why do the interview then.

Ask him all you want if it is not a condition established beforehand. But if you promise to not bring it up, then you do not ambush the guy after telling him you won't bring it up.

That was Westbrook's first interview since he reported to camp (and his last, too). There were a million other things he could've asked.

I hate sideline interviews anyways, especially when the game is going on and they're showing that cliche crap instead of the game, which ESPN is the masters of doing.

however anybody feels about it, i think we can all agree that we're all being punished now.  rumor has it that this week, dave is going to demostrate the little stand that kickers use to practice field goals.

:-D

I wish there was an option to watch NFL games without any commentators at all. Just give me the down, distance, score, time and the sounds of the game.

Don't you remember THE SILENT GAME in 1982 broadcast by NBC? No play-by-play announcer, no color commentator, it was just the sounds on the field.

WEST is GOD

I like commentators, but only if they are good. I like the Fox national crew with Buck, and Aikman. Collinsworth is a little weasel, but it's always good to mix in a doubter to laugh in the face of when proven wrong. I hated Aikman as a player, I love him as an analyst/commentator. He's fair, objective, and knows the game. Also he doesn't have an annoying voice like Collinsworth. I like Buck too. I don't love him, but he's better than most play-by-play guys out there.

Sideline reporters are useless though, unless they report injuries game time. Half of the time the reports are wrong because they didn't get MRIs yet.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: bobbyinlondon on August 25, 2005, 04:47:34 PM
Al Morganti said on WIP this morning that he thought Pappa was forced to ask the question by a producer in his ear, just from the way he was stumbling on the queston.

Either way, it's a joke that he got in trouble.  You're not supposed to ask a player about the biggest issue surrounding him?  Why do the interview then.

Ask him all you want if it is not a condition established beforehand. But if you promise to not bring it up, then you do not ambush the guy after telling him you won't bring it up.

That was Westbrook's first interview since he reported to camp (and his last, too). There were a million other things he could've asked.

I hate sideline interviews anyways, especially when the game is going on and they're showing that cliche crap instead of the game, which ESPN is the masters of doing.

however anybody feels about it, i think we can all agree that we're all being punished now.  rumor has it that this week, dave is going to demostrate the little stand that kickers use to practice field goals.

I wish there was an option to watch NFL games without any commentators at all. Just give me the down, distance, score, time and the sounds of the game.

Don't you remember THE SILENT GAME in 1982 broadcast by NBC? No play-by-play announcer, no color commentator, it was just the sounds on the field.

Nah, bro. I was only 3 in 1982. ;)

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 25, 2005, 07:48:02 PM
Quote from: bobbyinlondon on August 25, 2005, 04:47:34 PM

Nah, bro. I was only 3 in 1982. ;)

Screw you, you friggin' youngin'!  :-D

PoopyfaceMcGee