I LOVE Non-Smokers

Started by Tomahawk, November 14, 2005, 01:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

nice.

i'm 7 months now. went 6 months cold turkey without a single one but over the last couple weeks bummed one like 3 different times when i had drunk nights. they pretty much grossed me out each time though, the smell kills me. not the smoke but the funk smell on my hands.

i do the e-cig deal too. look like a douche but it helps. i've also put on like 20 lbs since i quit.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on September 05, 2015, 04:09:00 PM
i've also put on like 20 lbs since i quit.

as far as cigarette company advertising goes you in the barkley jersey should be the new joe the camel
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Lol.

Haven't had one now since somewhere between 7-8pm Friday night.  I hit a wall yesterday right around 5pm and had some really bad withdrawals.  Not so much nicotine, but just smoking....the taste, smell, etc.  For about a half hour I was eye farging Squaw's pack of cigs like a hungry lion staring down an injured gazelle, but I made it through.  I've never made it this long in any of my previous attempts to quit without at least taking a puff or 2 of a smoke.  Feeling pretty good today though.     

General_Failure

Hit a sauna, stare at some old man balls and sweat the rest out of your system.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I've been 5 years, 5 months or so now.  I still miss it, but the struggle is long over.  Just a sort of deep, permanent ache for the good 'ol days, when I could smoke freely, without thinking about how awful it is for my kids, my finances, etc.  I love smoking cigarettes.  I promised myself I could return to it when I'm old.  That hope helps, though I'm fully aware I may never take myself up on the offer.  Define old.  Plus, I may not want to by then.

I tried every method available.  What worked was cold turkey, and I didn't quit trying to quit.  The law of averages is pretty strong.  If you keep trying to quit, eventually, you'll succeed.

Good luck.  If you lapse, enjoy one for me before trying again.

They have cigarette machines in heaven.  Free.  Stocked with Kools.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Hell is stocked with them too.  Ironically, there's no matches to be found anywhere.

Tomahawk