42.3% rush

61.0% pass
39.0% rush

55.2% pass
44.8% rush

Total
58.5% pass
41.5% rush

I haven't seen too much on the average league pass/run ratio, although I did see that in 2002 the NFL average was about 56.7% pass and 42.3% rush, so the Eagles were more balanced than the average team that year.

So the Eagles under Reid really only were way out of whack this year and that is in large part to the defense giving up big leads early and the Eagles needing to throw it to try and get back in the game.  And even including this year, Reid's total ratio is more balanced than the 60/40 goal. 

In the other two seasons were they threw at a rate greater than 58% percent, one year was last year when they had TO and Reid was having fun chucking the ball around and rolling up big points.  The other year was 2000 when Duce got hurt and they had the Darnell Autry/Amp Lee/Chris Warren/Stanley Pritchett mess at running back.     

stats don't tell the whole story as usual.  im sure some running down the clock at the end of games helped out the stats a bit.  how about a stat for passing on 3rd and short?  and how many 3 and outs they've had on 3 strait passes.

PhillyPhreak54

Brandon Lloyd is a nutcase. No thanks on him.

Randle-El? Meh.

hunt

randle el would help the return game big time...he's not a great wr but he'd be a nice #3.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Geowhizzer

I would like to get Moulds and Randle-El and make a nice solid, if unspectacular WR corps. [/pipedream]

Tomahawk

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 09, 2006, 03:40:09 AM

I'm not arguing the point, but I've never heard anything about him. What I have seen, though, are some monstrously insane catches he'd make in college-one handed grabs all over the place. He's good.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 11, 2006, 12:21:10 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 09, 2006, 03:40:09 AM

I'm not arguing the point, but I've never heard anything about him. What I have seen, though, are some monstrously insane catches he'd make in college-one handed grabs all over the place. He's good.

Actually, after doing a little digging on Lloyd, he seems to have work ethic problems. Coaches say he makes miraculous catches, but doesn't catch the ones he should, doesn't block, and give up on or breaks off routes. Could be a change of scenery thing, he's young, but unless he gets the low tender, no one will be interested I think.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Geowhizzer

I don't want anymore dang San Francisco nutcase WRs.  :boom

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mhunt on January 09, 2006, 08:57:54 AM
randle el would help the return game big time...he's not a great wr but he'd be a nice #3.

Holy crap dude, how many #3 recievers do the Eagles need? 

Lewis
Wilbur
McCants
Randle El

;)

Wingspan

get this straight...randel-el will sign a contract for too much money and will never be heard from again. until 2 offseasons from now, when he's cut from houston and someone cracks a GET RANDEL-EL joke.

he's nothing more than az-hakim or kevin johnson
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

General_Failure

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 11, 2006, 09:48:29 PM
Quote from: mhunt on January 09, 2006, 08:57:54 AM

Holy crap dude, how many #3 recievers do the Eagles need? 

Lewis
Wilbur
McCants
Randle El

;)

You forgot Pinkston.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

don't forget:

Perez
Ford
Jenkins
Gasperson

::)
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

Those are guys dreaming of being 5th receivers, not guys that are #3s at best.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: General_Failure on January 12, 2006, 03:45:00 AM
Those are guys dreaming of being 5th receivers, not guys that are #3s at best.

or dreaming of joining Timmy Chang in Europe.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.