A New Politics Thread

Started by Diomedes, July 08, 2022, 06:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I have to vote in person. But we do have early voting so I go on a random weekday afternoon.

Maybe we get lucky and can get Rafael Cruz out.

General_Failure

My ballot is sitting in the mailbox. I didn't feel like getting it in the rain.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Eric Adams (D), Mayor of New York City, indicted by federal government controlled by Joe Biden (D).

This is proof positive that all Democrats are crooked AND straight.

Sports at ten.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Well obviously the crooked fake mayor that's nowhere near as good as Giuliani rigged the court case against an honest man like Trump and any cases in New York should be thrown out.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on September 25, 2024, 08:19:20 PMI always vote in person.  This will be the first election in 25 years I won't have my daughter with me.  Makes me feel a bit wistful to be honest.  There is so much on the line for her generation.  I just wish they were more interested.  She is and her friends and colleagues are... but in general, not so much.  Or they're moronic MAGA iceholes, which is worse. 

Anyway, go Blue. 

My daughter won't turn 18 until next May.  She is pissed that she can't vote yet, but has already registered to get her card as soon as she does. 

Rome

Eric Adams is a piece of shtein lifelong Republican pig and grift hustler.  He's the poster child for corruption and bullying incompetence. 

And to think New York could have had Maya Wiley as their mayor instead of that jackass. 

Diomedes

I think Hochul is going to remove him
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

i have now heard from 2 trusted sources (one is chris coons, the delaware senator) that the election is a toss up. dont farg with the polling or your feels. we are on the razor's edge.

there was a very random, very poorly planned event thing right outside my house. coons and jasmine crockett were here. jasmine is fine af (she shook her head when i asked if allard had a shot, as if we didnt know) with a fat ass. WOULD.

it was organized by who else than corrupt city council president kenyatta johnson, whom i had a short convo with that ended with "you aint done shtein." he doubled back to me 3 minutes later, got in my face, and told me dont ever disrespect him. i did not mean to do such a thing, but held my ground that nothing gets done in his district, where i live. we will both be in the gulags in january and will have more time to discuss.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Did he really say don't ever disrespect him like he's a third rate white rapper?

That's funny AF. 

MDS

literally got in my face and was angry about me saying the word "shtein" but was really angry that he was told he hadnt done anything, which he hasnt. unless you count lining his pockets. point breeze ave is empty, we cant even get protected bike lines, but he funnels money to national politicians coffer to get them to show up in his district.

let trump win and let us all die
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Don't need Coons to tell me it's a toss up. If Trump gets re-elected well guys it's been a nice ride. At least we got to see a SB win. AOC is my political crush but Queen Jaz ain't far behind. You should have spit in Johnson's face. Kudos for standing your ground.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah as much as I'd like Cruz to lose it ain't happening. One thing to note is a lot of the transplants whom have moved here are hard righties who moved here to support the MAGAts. That plus the rural hillbilly vote kills any shot we have of unseating him.

And yeah Crockett is indeed fine as hell.

Good on you for confronting Johnson. farg his indignant attitide.

PhillyPhreak54

We know this already but god damn we live in a country of farging morons.

The MAGAts think "they" are controlling the hurricane to hit heavily populated Republican areas of FL to swing the election.

MDS

more than anything with texas is latinos have shifted so far right...15 years ago people thought it would flip since latinos voted D in such large numbers. that has changed, and compounded with the influx of maga idiots, texas is forever a cesspool

homeboy acting like he was offended by me saying shtein when his wittle ego was bruised when someone called him out on his garbage

PhillyPhreak54

Most of the time people don't call them out face to face. Either bc they chicken out or because they stay insulated from it