A New Politics Thread

Started by Diomedes, July 08, 2022, 06:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Maybe I'm wrong but this may energize people and throw Cheeto Dick's campaign off a bit.

However it may be - they have to beat the MAGAts

Diomedes

If Harris is the nominee, I think Angela Alsobrooks gets a big bump in the MD Senate race.  Harris will bring voters to the polls who will not be as likely to split their ticket as Biden voters, without driving any of Biden's voters to Trump, or even for that matter, away from the polls.  It means more Democrats will vote, bringing in voters who won't be friendly to Hogan.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I was beyond despondent earlier.  But Harris is the pick and if the Democrats don't shoot themselves in their tiny white dicks, they could turn this thing around with the right VP pick. 

Harris is brilliant and she's tenacious plus she's got the full Biden Monty with his immediate endorsement.

Women and young people are going to rally behind her for certain plus she would wipe the farging floor with Trump head to head on the debate stage. 

MDS

harris is going to lose some of 2020 biden's white working class support...but she is going to pick up more women and more POC

how all that math will jumble and how the vp pick will factor in, who the farg knows. i have zero faith in this wretched country and will need to see a dark skinned woman being a white man to believe it. but joe had to go, he is gone, and his vp was the only possible replacement. so here we are.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Gonna rip the band aid off real fast for you guys...Trump is your next President.

Diomedes

Unless we buy pew-pews and start shooting our red hatter family members AMIRITE!?!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on July 22, 2024, 10:30:17 AMUnless we buy pew-pews and start shooting our red hatter family members AMIRITE!?!

Would be a good start

MDS

the woman hater has logged on

like i said i need to see kamala winning to believe it, but there is legit enthusiasm around her and some abject positivity in the cause (tiktok is going crazy with vids and fancams). how this all will translate, we dont know. but theyre going to have a very nice choreographed roll out at the convention which will be the first time the average person sees her speak.

the overarching concern to me is her easy hateability. biden won partly because (in 2020) people didnt hate him as much as trump. that obviously has changed, but back then the attacks didnt stick. hating kamala is going to be the easiest thing in the world for the maga knuckledraggers...me see dark woman me hate
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The enthusiasm is one thing, but the donations are another. All the money pulled what little rug out from Biden that was left after he said he wanted to raise taxes on the rich.

Now, if we want to talk real dumb shtein, something that will really hurt her in the voting booth is her white husband.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Her Jewish white husband, you mean. 

But the money thing plus her corralling of all the delegates in 24 hours is an astounding bit of legwork on her part.

From the depths of despair to a significant chance in 24 hours.   I'll take it. 

MDS

theres not that many examples of it...but anytime its been hot vs old and ugly, hot has won

1960 jfk/nixon
1992 clinton/bush
1996 clinton/dole
2008 obama/mccain
2012 obama/romney*
*romney is handsome for an old guy, but he was old

there is a decisive difference in physical appearance here. kamala is a pretty middle aged woman, trump is about as gross as a human being can be. americans love hot people. we worship hot people. we judge everyone based on their looks. hold tight here.

Diomedes

House Republicans had to be told by their leaders to stop making comments (out loud) about Harris's race. 

There are apparently a few of them who understand that being racist is a bad look in a general election.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd take action that Trump is caught using the "hard r" when talking about her.

Diomedes

While we're talking odds, what do you think they are that Trump ever actually faces Harris in a debate?

One way or another I all but guarantee he won't.

SD

We were all kind of whatever on Biden getting the nod in 2020. He was the most experienced and was seen as competent and it was more of an anti Trump vote. The Kamala rollout has been impressive which is a huge surprise since she wasn't a popular vp. I already donated more to her campaign than I did for Biden's re-election. The Trump shooting bump has been completely erased nobody gives a shtein. Keep hammering social media and start running ads reminding everyone what a farging nut case he is...commercials about project 2025 should be running constantly