Rest Of Baseball - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Wilson Ramos of Cleveland just had to be helped off the field after injuring his knee on a throw to second after a dribbler in front of the plate.  He had an ACL tear on his right knee in 2012, but this was his left knee today.

PhillyPhreak54

The Mets have decided to pit themselves against...their fans.

Players are now giving the thumbs down after they get hits as a show to the fans that they don't appreciate being booed.

The back pages and WFAN are gonna have fun with this

General_Failure

That's the saddest thing I've ever seen.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

It feels bad when I get booed.

Poor baby.

QB Eagles

Mets president said he's going to put the clamps on the new "celebration". Guess he's gonna sit these idiots down and explain where all of their money ultimately comes from.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1432149279297126400

Rome

Lol @ knowledgeable.

Also - imagine being such thin-skinned little bitches you can't take being criticized while being so petty you refuse to celebrate with them when something good happens. 

Like I said... lolmets. 

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

They really are the gift that keeps on giving. 

ice grillin you

QuoteGreg Maddux made his big league debut, as a pinch-runner in the bottom of the 17th inning, 35 years ago today on Sept. 3, 1986, he would stay in the game to pitch the top of the 18th.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

shtein - if that happened now he would be unavailable for three days

and we'd have MoneyballTodd in here telling us the percentages show its the right call

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 03, 2021, 04:16:05 PM
and we'd have MoneyballTodd in here telling us the percentages show its the right call

i think this might be favorite j comment of all time....as if percentages telling you of somethings effectiveness is somehow bad
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Money all Todd is the greatest thing ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 03, 2021, 07:57:22 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 03, 2021, 04:16:05 PM

i think this might be favorite j comment of all time....as if percentages telling you of somethings effectiveness is somehow bad

Sure they're good in a lot of things. Even in baseball too.

Problem is when some xfip babip wERA loving fella tries to justify some whack decision with them

MDS

i have no idea what youre talking about

if you want to know how to effectively use advanced metrics in baseball, you can look at the current best team in the AL. zero payroll, zero fanbase, churning out wins in a division with 3 other good teams.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.